Lotus Evora, Elise, Exige, Esprit, Seven etc.

Lotus Esprit Owners?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 08:59 PM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Lotus Esprit Owners?

Just wondering if anyone here has a Esprit of any generation and if they could share there opinion of it. I looked at a nice S3 a week back and have been contemplating a V8 car as well. Would be a track weekend car never driven in the wet or without a purpose.

I want another British car and Io have been unsuccessful in locating any Morgan Aero's in the last ~10-11 months so was expanding into other brands.

Old 11-20-2008, 06:21 AM
Geezer is just really niceGeezer is just really niceGeezer is just really niceGeezer is just really nice
I've had several Esprits (and other Lotuses), and currently have a V8. For track work, the Elise/Exige cars are far, far superior. More durable, faster, easier to drive, and much less chance of a catastrophic failure.

If you are looking for an occasional weekend ride the Esprit is solid - I have found mine to be relatively reliable, but they do have a nasty tendency to destroy the front spoiler on curbs, driveways etc. At $1200 a pop, that's no fun.

As for Morgans, have you checked out Morgan West up in Santa Monica? Take a day and drive up. Last time I was there they had a few Aero 8s on consignment and could order one to spec as well.

Originally Posted by WearyMicrobe
Just wondering if anyone here has a Esprit of any generation and if they could share there opinion of it. I looked at a nice S3 a week back and have been contemplating a V8 car as well. Would be a track weekend car never driven in the wet or without a purpose.

I want another British car and Io have been unsuccessful in locating any Morgan Aero's in the last ~10-11 months so was expanding into other brands.