Lotus Evora, Elise, Exige, Esprit, Seven etc.

Looking for Lotus Suspension Info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Britain Smith is on a distinguished road
Looking for Lotus Suspension Info

I am looking at the possibility of adapting a set of Lotus front and rear suspension to another mid-engine car and need as much information as physically possible.

From the research that I have done on the Lotus suspension and I must say, you guys got a seriously good set-up from the factory...no wonder your cars handle so well.

I found this really cool website that has some very detailed shots of the suspension components and the chassis pick-up points.

Lotus Elise Under The Skin, Picture Album

I now understand that the Lotus uses the same hub assembly front and rear, with the front differing in the tie-rod link obviously. Correct me if I am wrong, but as I see it the camber is adjusted via shims between the tie-rod/ball joint assembly, the toe is adjusted via the tie-rod in the front and the rear toe-link in the rear, and the caster is adjusted by the use of washers/spacers in the upper control-arm mount.

Here is a good picture of the front:

And the rear:

Couple of questions. What size rotors do your cars use? Also, what size are the pistons in the brake calipers? These would be good to know in the design of the braking system. Also, can you give me the rear CV diameter and and the axle diameter/spline count so I can go about getting axles made.

Thanks,
Britain

BTW, here is a picture of the car:

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 07-28-2011 at 05:19 PM. Reason: not enough posts and not in open forum