Lotus Evora, Elise, Exige, Esprit, Seven etc.

TVR in the U.S.??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 06:09 PM
aston martin is an unknown quantity at this point
i emailed TVRs sales department sometime ago (mabye a year or so) asking if i could import some for sale. Im looking for the email right now. She said they were tring to get them into the united states and that they 'have my email in their system and would email me back with future notice'. They never emailed again.
im too young right now to do something like that anyways.

We need TVR, all we have here is lambo, ferrari, and like porsche. I also emailed Noble, but they were already importing them into the states.

Last edited by aston martin; 09-27-2006 at 06:14 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:09 AM
Panayiotis will become famous soon enoughPanayiotis will become famous soon enough
I think TVRs wouldnt pass any of the stringent US crash/emissions/road test and laws you have over there. If they did, they would definetely loose their edge. As much as I love them, 2 of the guys in my office have them as weekend cars, lucky they are weekend cars though, because generally the cars are in the shop for 1 week a month.

Old 09-28-2006, 06:17 PM
Banned
FERRAR1 is on a distinguished road
TVR's are just not my thing. but to each is own.

Old 11-05-2006, 01:35 AM
crosvs is on a distinguished road
sorry it was a bad shot.
Attached Thumbnails
haha i saw the same guy in BH just a few weeks ago too

Old 11-05-2006, 03:36 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
I want a Purple Sagaris over here, I have contacted Lotus to get a Exige in Kuwait, they told me the same thing, we will contact you in future notice

Old 11-08-2006, 01:01 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
can't u just ship one from us?
they elise u can get them for 32k with about 10,000 miles.
it's a deal.

Old 11-08-2006, 04:03 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Love TVR's. When I was in high school, we had a factory dealer here in Little Rock in a little hole in the wall place that nobody even knew existed. No street frontage, no sign, no nothing, and I used to hang out there, hand him the occassional wrench, bum a few rides.

When I took my boys to the British International Motor Show this summer in London, TVR had a booth, and I wanted every single car they had on display. By far my favorite display of the entire show. Agressive, sensual shapes, and all of the carbon and aluminum bits and pieces were somewhere between perfect and over the top (i.e. even more perfect).

I hate to see that Ferrar1 said above that TVR's are just "not his thing" though. Oh wait. He went bye bye . . .

Old 11-11-2006, 02:01 AM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by KompressorKev
in the bay area i was driving and was followed by a Cerbera, looked and sounded insane!
Yeah, I was chasing that guy up in Skyline Rd. I still remember flames shooting out the back of his exhaust pipes when he downshifted.

I fell in love with the Tuscan when I first saw it... but the Sagaris is amazing as well.

Sagaris
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGhRHHvQYQ

Tuscan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVb1FX7DWqQ

I have never driven one but from Jeremy's (Top Gear) review they don't have the world's best build quality and they seem to go after the US Corvette formula of more power and hope for the best...

Old 11-11-2006, 02:06 AM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by aston martin
i emailed TVRs sales department sometime ago (mabye a year or so) asking if i could import some for sale. Im looking for the email right now. She said they were tring to get them into the united states and that they 'have my email in their system and would email me back with future notice'. They never emailed again.
im too young right now to do something like that anyways.

We need TVR, all we have here is lambo, ferrari, and like porsche. I also emailed Noble, but they were already importing them into the states.
I don't think the TVRs will pass US regulations. I believe all of the TVRs are built without ABS and/or driver/passenger airbags. Maybe private imports?

Old 11-16-2006, 09:57 PM
teoh2005 is on a distinguished road
Hey Guys...check out this website...

www.mdmeurotics.com/tvr

It looks like they can import TVRs as well as other Euro/JDM cars...they also have an Ebay link...enjoy

-Kevin

Old 11-17-2006, 12:22 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by teoh2005

www.mdmeurotics.com/tvr

It looks like they can import TVRs as well as other Euro/JDM cars...they also have an Ebay link...enjoy

-Kevin
Cool link Kevin, all of the pictures of their TVRs look like it was taken outside of Racing Green TVR, the largest TVR dealer in Britian. Couldn't find where they ship... but $140K is steep for a TVR!

Old 11-17-2006, 02:04 AM
SellLow has a spectacular aura aboutSellLow has a spectacular aura aboutSellLow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by teoh2005

www.mdmeurotics.com/tvr

-Kevin
Is that like a real dealership? Looks like a high school class project website. I am 99.9% sure its fake.

MDM Eurotics takes pride in valuing our customers. We have 1 goal which is to help you achieve your dream. Weither that be an enzo ferrari or a nissan skyline we are here to make it happen.

they claim also that they have 6 Enzos and 2 FXX's.... Besides other cars.

but like no physical showroom or location or ebay sales.

Oh and the phone number/website belongs to a webhosting company out of wisconsin.

Old 11-17-2006, 11:27 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by SellLow
Is that like a real dealership? Looks like a high school class project website. I am 99.9% sure its fake.

they claim also that they have 6 Enzos and 2 FXX's.... Besides other cars.

but like no physical showroom or location or ebay sales.

Oh and the phone number/website belongs to a webhosting company out of wisconsin.
From the pictures that they show on the site it looks like the vehicles are at various dealerships across the world. The one I recognize is Racing Green TVR.

They may be a broker. Since a Tuscan should really cost $45-50K used. Maybe the $150K includes buying the car from the dealership and somehow getting it through the US customs. They do the same thing for the Japanese Skyline GTR http://www.skylinegtr.com/

Unfortunately for them the GTR has only a couple year more shelf life before the newest one comes to shore.

Old 11-17-2006, 02:16 PM
PRS29 has a spectacular aura aboutPRS29 has a spectacular aura aboutPRS29 has a spectacular aura about
I know that you can get a Sagaris here for $119,000 all inclusive.

Old 12-14-2006, 12:40 PM
Paul2x is on a distinguished road
I recently saw an add in the Dupont Reg. for a Sagaris for 119k

awsome car iMO

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TVR in the U.S.??