Macan Forum for the new Porsche Macan

Official introduction Porsche Macan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 04:38 PM
Boxster_S_girl is a jewel in the roughBoxster_S_girl is a jewel in the roughBoxster_S_girl is a jewel in the roughBoxster_S_girl is a jewel in the rough
Oops. Missed this one completely. I absolutely LOVE it.

Time to save the pennies for an S.

Old 11-20-2013, 05:16 PM
yankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond repute
Since the Macan is a 2014 model arriving in April we are essentially looking at a 6 month old vehicle. With buyers lining up I suspect dealers won't be discounting to account for the steep depreciation that will occur next fall when the 2015 arrives.

Old 11-20-2013, 05:17 PM
jnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to alljnscolo is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Snig
Sport Exhaust optional for S aaaaaaand Turbo!
I'm not seeing this option on the US configurator. Am I missing it?

Old 11-20-2013, 06:11 PM
Boxster_S_girl is a jewel in the roughBoxster_S_girl is a jewel in the roughBoxster_S_girl is a jewel in the roughBoxster_S_girl is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by yankee04
Since the Macan is a 2014 model arriving in April we are essentially looking at a 6 month old vehicle. With buyers lining up I suspect dealers won't be discounting to account for the steep depreciation that will occur next fall when the 2015 arrives.
It hits dealers in April as a MY2015.

Old 11-20-2013, 06:16 PM
kechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to behold
I find it quite annoying too that Porsche refuses to put model years on their website and honestly, I've found so many mistakes (under cayenne) and broken links

it was fairly annoying just to confirm the standard equipments when I put the order in, I wish someone would've just go over everything before they post

Old 11-20-2013, 06:30 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by kechang
I find it quite annoying too that Porsche refuses to put model years on their website and honestly, I've found so many mistakes (under cayenne) and broken links

it was fairly annoying just to confirm the standard equipments when I put the order in, I wish someone would've just go over everything before they post
+1 to what Kechang said plus the fact that their option packages are horribly designed. For example, if you get prem plus one it comes with sunroof - if you opt for the panamera roof then you will pay for the sunroof plus the panamera roof, if you want black lights then you will for Xenon and then black out front lightes. I have done sofware testing and i swear who ever designed it had the iq of a peanut and didn't have very good imagination. I am actually thinking of making a video of all the idiotic things they have and post it on you tube channel. Really embrassing for a car company that does make really good cars but horribly at marketing certain things. booohahha.

also, what is the point of showing the front page of the porschusa.com website with a macan s in saphire blue when it's not a choice. bleep bleep. Get PTS, wait forever or get shot down.

Old 11-20-2013, 06:33 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Transfer
Hey all, I've been lurking the Macan for a long time and happy to see official photos now. It looks GOOD! I'm not one to own a black car, but.... I'll take mine in metallic black please!
i had basalt black 955 cayenne s before and 958 cayenne in metalic black. After 2 years both black looked new with very little swirls. Granted i have a system lock down for washing my cars.

Old 11-21-2013, 01:35 PM
Snig is a jewel in the roughSnig is a jewel in the roughSnig is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jnscolo
I'm not seeing this option on the US configurator. Am I missing it?
It's not on the configurator...yet.
Exhaust system

The optional sports exhaust system provides an even richer sound. The twin tailpipes made from chrome-plated stainless steel – available in Silver or Black – are both an acoustic and a visual highlight. Optional for the Macan Turbo and Macan S.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:12 PM
MotoEV is on a distinguished road
Interior Space Perspective

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2...can-video.html

Kelsey Mays is 6 feet tall

For me this would make the Macan seating space adequate but not generous

Old 11-21-2013, 04:22 PM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Great site for info, specs & photos:

http://stuttcars.com/porsche-models/macan/

Old 11-21-2013, 06:59 PM
yankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MotoEV
http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2...can-video.html

Kelsey Mays is 6 feet tall

For me this would make the Macan seating space adequate but not generous

OMG looks the size of the X1!

I wonder how many packs a day she smokes?

Old 11-22-2013, 04:00 PM
robbieracer will become famous soon enough
Engine bay

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	6be7a090-52e4-11e3-bf76-a6dc2de6dcf6[1].jpg
Views:	152
Size:	240.2 KB
ID:	304920   Click image for larger version

Name:	f01dd710-52e6-11e3-bcff-b655a342d7a1[1].jpg
Views:	177
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	304923  

Last edited by robbieracer; 11-22-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:25 PM
robbieracer will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by HotHonda
Great site for info, specs & photos:

http://stuttcars.com/porsche-models/macan/

Great site! I'm interested in the Diesel S (V6, 3.0 liter)

Old 11-25-2013, 02:55 PM
kechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to behold
I sat in the S and the Turbo at the LA auto show, they sure looked better in person, very low car, the roof line was almost at my neck (I'm 6')

the steering wheel is awesome, the macan drew a large crowd, barely anyone was looking at the cayenne diesel and turbo s.. lol

everyone was very interested in the hood opening, so it was constantly opened and closed just to see how that giant thing lifts up

Old 11-28-2013, 09:34 PM
TGED is on a distinguished road
The clam shell hood is a bad design. Many minor collisions will damage not only the bumper but the hood also.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Official introduction Porsche Macan