Macan Forum for the new Porsche Macan

Order Turbo today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 10:39 PM
rocks991s is on a distinguished road
Order Turbo today

Went ahead and ordered a Turbo today. Dealer let me build it and I have the option of taking delivery in October or handing it off to the dealer for stock should I decide to pass on it.
Here's the build:
Agate gray exterior
Red/black full leather
21" turbo wheels
Air suspension/PASM
Sport chrono
Burmester
14 way seats
Comfort Light design package
Auto dimming mirrors
Lane change assist
Park assist with camera
Seat ventilation
Font seat heating
Porsche crest on headrests front
CD changer
Porsche entry and drive

Build came about to $92,000 or so . I'm doing this from memory and enjoying a Pendalton and ginger as I try and type this. So I may have missed an option or two, but nothing major.

I would have ordered dark blue metallic but went with Agate gray as it might be easier for the dealer to sell should I decide not to take delivery. Also left off the Pano roof, smokers package and three zone climate control.

They had a sold black turbo on hand and two S's. Drove an S on steel springs and it was a nice drive. Nothing like my 991S, and I didn't expect it to be, but still a satisfying drive nonetheless.

Very quiet inside. Found myself doing 85 mph in a 55 zone. It is really easy to speed in this thing! The S could use a bit more oomph but I figure the turbo should take care of that.

All in all, I think the turbo will make a great highway cruiser.
Enough power to be entertaining and should provide a controlled and comfortable ride.

It is miles ahead of the Cayennes and other CUV/SUV's I've driven. A comparably equipped Cayenne turbo would run $30-40,000 or more and would perform no better.

I doubt anyone will be disappointed in this vehicle, whether an S or a Turbo.

Time to have the bartender to pour me another. Cheers!

Old 05-22-2014, 11:28 PM
roger8615 is on a distinguished road
nice man. still cant decide s or turbo.

Old 05-22-2014, 11:46 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
Nice build. The red/ black interior is stunning in person.

Did you try adding the pp package to see if it saves you any $ while also giving you the pano, or are you against the pano? You definitely added many of the options individually that come in the package. I also skipped the smokers package, no regrets after seeing it live, esp since the front open area is the perfect spot for a phone. If I were to do it again, I would add the 3 zone just for the more finished look and the occasions I have rear passengers.

I did the same, ordered with no deposit a few months back and now this week I'm $90k poorer. The car should be delivered to me in the next couple days.

Last edited by slw23; 05-22-2014 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Added more info
Old 05-23-2014, 06:03 AM
rocks991s is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by slw23
Nice build. The red/ black interior is stunning in person.

Did you try adding the pp package to see if it saves you any $ while also giving you the pano, or are you against the pano? You definitely added many of the options individually that come in the package. I also skipped the smokers package, no regrets after seeing it live, esp since the front open area is the perfect spot for a phone. If I were to do it again, I would add the 3 zone just for the more finished look and the occasions I have rear passengers.

I did the same, ordered with no deposit a few months back and now this week I'm $90k poorer. The car should be delivered to me in the next couple days.
Congrats on your turbo.

Didn't care for the pano. In my two years of 991 ownership, I have opened my sunroof three times, and not for very long.
The S I drove had the pano and quite frankly, with the sun shade closed, it didn't seem all that different than the turbo they had on the floor that was minus the pano. The black/red interior with the brushed aluminum trim should lighten things up a bit inside over straight black. Plus the vehicle should be a bit quieter without it, allowing me to enjoy the Burmester even more.

You're right about the smokers package. As for the 3-zone, I' ll never be in the back seat and rarely, if ever carry passengers. The S I drove had the black hole and I thought it looked fine. Besides, I couldn't see it from the driver's seat anyway.

Now I just have to figure out whether to lease or buy it. I have some back problems so I'm turning in my 991 lease 6 months early. I paid the lease upfront in one payment so I'll get about $10,000 back and will apply that to the Macan, plus I'll also be trading in a 2013 Subaru Outback that I won't be needing anymore.

They're running some numbers so we'll see.

Old 05-23-2014, 12:47 PM
docboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond repute
/\
Going from an Outback to a Macan, that's quite a jump. Congratz!