Macan Forum for the new Porsche Macan

CDR Plus/PCM upgrade instead of Bose

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 06:40 PM
dbbarron has a spectacular aura aboutdbbarron has a spectacular aura about
CDR Plus/PCM upgrade instead of Bose

Thinking about audio config on a Macan S.
I am familiar a bit with Porsche sound systems and understand that if one specifies Bose, then the head unit has a MOST (optical) output which can be difficult to integrate into. Also, I'd rather install a custom system than go with the Bose - the $1500 odd dollars is a good start towards a custom system.

My question is if anyone has details on the configuration of the CDR plus with PCM system. The specs say 11 channel, 235 watts, etc. I would like to know if there is a separate head unit and amp and further if the head unit has line level outputs that can be used as input to a custom system.

Also, has anyone investigated potential locations for aftermarket amps, processors, etc.

Lastly, anyone figured out a good place for an aftermarket sub (other than a big box in the cargo area)

db

Old 07-10-2014, 10:58 PM
TGED is on a distinguished road
Hope this helps.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	914
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	395923  
Old 08-09-2014, 04:03 PM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by TGED
Hope this helps.
Handy chart. Thanks

Old 08-09-2014, 05:06 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Bose is a must for me. To me, Burmester is a bit over the top...

Old 08-12-2014, 02:42 AM
Acc99 will become famous soon enough
Don't have one yet but many are just getting the base no-cost CDR plus system without Bose or Burm and they're happy with it. Saves $$$.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:44 AM
stevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Acc99
Don't have one yet but many are just getting the base no-cost CDR plus system without Bose or Burm and they're happy with it. Saves $$$.
There is an article in the latest Christophorus that talks about Porsche audio.
And even though they don't give it much space they do claim they put a lot of development in the base system. Of course they say the Bose is better and the Burm is better still. I ordered my Cayenne with base which comes with the PCM it is 235 Watts 11 speakers. I'm sure it will do fine for my needs and should be as good as my present 4Runner. I put all my audio dollars in my home theater system. When I'm in the car I'm listening to FM the base system should meet my needs, yours may be different. I spent my money on things like Air Susp., PDCC and PTV.