Maserati Quattroporte, GranTurismo, Gran Sport, Coupe, MC12

From 997 to Maserati GT/GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 10:40 PM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
From 997 to Maserati GT/GTS

Hello fellas
Anyone here made the transition from a 997.1/2 to a Maserati Granturismo? If so, pros and cons in your opinion...
Moreover, can't find a reasonable review on 4.2 versus 4.7. There's a 4.2 model in my area with only 1000 miles for 99k. It seems to be on the mark for price, but there's still more to go. Of course one prefers more power but finding a low mileage deeply discounted GTS (even better if cabriolet) it's not that easy. For instance, a GTS cabriolet around here, similarly equipped and miles goes for 128k. So, 4.7 makes that much of a difference?
Does one really need to have the car serviced at the stealership tomantain warranty? If that's true, aftermarket will certainly void the warranty. Porsche is more lenient on where you take your car, as long as you have the receipts and with aftermarket,as long as you don't fiddle too much (cats for instance)

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:49 PM
mose55 is on a distinguished road
check out maseratilife for decent forum discussion. I would continue to look for a 2010 GTS. Not just more powerful but the selectable exhaust is to die for. That is the main reason I got the car. Very comfy cruiser but not a handler like pcars so think about what you really enjoy out of a car. Have mine for about a year and a half and no real problems to date regarding reliability or whatnnot. It is expensive but with indy shops, the maintanence is more reasonable. I just take my car to dealer for warranty work. There are deals out there so look harder...I got mine for 30+k off, 5 month old with 700 miles on it. No doubt you can get a 2010 GTS for under 100, easy

Old 01-15-2012, 07:03 PM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the tips. I'm checking their forum as well, just wanted to see the perspective of Pcar drivers, given the way a 911 drives... If you have tried a 650 (MY12), Cadillac CTS-V coupe or M3 V8, how does the GTS compares?
I love the handling of my car, but fact is that unless one takes it to a racetrack, driving in TX is fairly boring. Commuting for 45 minutes I turn left 4 times and right 2 times (yes, I'm bored). On top of that, taking the offspring is fair easier on a GTS than a 911, especially the PITA that is a rear-facing seat in the back (not for 997, not sure on 991).
Another obvious option is a Panamera, great car, but for the same price, the looks and sound of a GTS are tough to beat...
I keep looking, but this truckland requires patience to find a decent car.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:39 PM
chirag is a jewel in the roughchirag is a jewel in the roughchirag is a jewel in the rough
Hey, what indy shop to you take the MGT to in north NJ?

Old 01-16-2012, 11:05 AM
mose55 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by John McLane
Thanks for the tips. I'm checking their forum as well, just wanted to see the perspective of Pcar drivers, given the way a 911 drives... If you have tried a 650 (MY12), Cadillac CTS-V coupe or M3 V8, how does the GTS compares?
I love the handling of my car, but fact is that unless one takes it to a racetrack, driving in TX is fairly boring. Commuting for 45 minutes I turn left 4 times and right 2 times (yes, I'm bored). On top of that, taking the offspring is fair easier on a GTS than a 911, especially the PITA that is a rear-facing seat in the back (not for 997, not sure on 991).
Another obvious option is a Panamera, great car, but for the same price, the looks and sound of a GTS are tough to beat...
I keep looking, but this truckland requires patience to find a decent car.
Closest is probably the 650 but nothing compares to the looks and sound of GTS (IMO). A friend of mine has a 430 and he thinks the GTS sounds way better. Great sound and not as bling as Ferrari/Lambo which was what I was looking for (plus the 2 seats for the kids - big enough for adults too). Never driven the CTSV coupe but have driven the 4 door. My guess is that is a little edgier and much more torque. My neighbor has the new M3 and that is more 911 / sports car like vs. the GT feel of the Mas. You should go regional or national for your search - better probability of finding what you want - colors/options/mileage - and just ship it home

GL wth search

Old 02-13-2012, 12:16 PM
MI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to behold
Where in Tejas are you located ? I'm at Lake Conroe, just north of Houston.

Presently drive an '08 M5, SMG, which I love but I'm starting to get that "itch"..... I consider my car as a weekender but I also take long (4-6000 miles) trips to the West coast annually and short 1-3 day trips, to the Hill Country, for instance.

Just started doin' some lookin' for cars - on the internet. Found both GTs and GTSs for under $100k - was originally looking at the quatro but there's just too much more style in the GT (and read that the rear seats can actually hold 2 adults). Looked at a couple of Panameras locally but for the same prices they're offering an older car.. I might go check-out a 2011 non-S if this rain stops this week - it's down the Fwy about 35 miles at a Merc dealership - there's also an S at another place but they're asking over $100k for it.

I look forward to getting more info and insight by reading these forums. Thanks guys.

Last edited by MI55LE; 02-13-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:34 PM
MI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mose55
..finding what you want - colors/options/mileage..
how's he 'sposed to choose "options" ? nobody here seems to know what options are offered..!