Maserati Quattroporte, GranTurismo, Gran Sport, Coupe, MC12

Has anyone had their Quattroporte tinted in SoCal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 01:12 AM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Has anyone had their Quattroporte tinted in SoCal?

Looking for a shop to tint my car in SoCal.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:15 AM
huy
huy will become famous soon enough
i used Beach Auto Sound in Huntington Beach. The tint guy has been doing it for over 15 years.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:51 PM
fresh is on a distinguished road
Unique Auto Films in Tarzana tinted all my cars. Time and time again they have taken care of me. I highly recommend them.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:22 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Went to my regular tint guy and he blew through 5 pieces of film trying to do a rear window before finally giving up. There's a 1" wide window gasket going around the door frame with felt on the window side that makes it impossible to get a clean install. Also zero room at the base of the rear window! I read multiple threads about QP owners having their doors and rear deck disassembled for proper tint jobs so I searched high and low for THE BEST shop I could find.

Someone recommended Specialized Auto Tint in Irvine so I spoke to Jae and confirmed that he had worked on QPs before. Made an appointment for 12:00 and he was ready for me exactly at 12:00. Sure enough he had a photo of a QP he had done on his wall of fame as well as some Lambos and Ferraris so I knew I was in the right place. He walked me through all of the different 3M films he had and once I decided on the material and shade, he shuttled me to the Irvine Spectrum to hang out. Jae and his other installer spent 5 hrs on my car!!!!! He said it was a nightmare but they got it done without disassembling the car and it's perfect!

That alone is enough to warrant a review post but here is the icing on the cake:

1. He uses a computer and digital plotter to cut film so it's an exact fit. I've been to a lot of tint shops and they usually lay a piece of film on the window and start cutting with a tint knife. Precision cuts and perfect edges!

2. He left the 3M imprinting on the film until I got there to inspect the finished job. A nice step that tells me that without a doubt he used genuine 3M film. Once I saw the 3M watermarks, he removed them all.

3. He puts a strip of tape on the power window switches to make sure you don't roll down the windows while the adhesive is curing. I've had 20+ cars tinted and 4-5 times my wife has messed up tint jobs by throwing a piece of lint out the window or something! :laugh:

4. He did a PERFECT install job. Not a single bubble or bleb anywhere and that's incredible considering the difficulty of the job.

He clearly understands customer service and attention to detail. Can't tell you how happy I am with his work and the way he runs his business.

BEFORE pics from the visit to my regular tint guy... the guy I've been using for 17 years:

AFTER pics from Jae's shop: Normally I go Dark 20% all the way around but on this car I did Med 35% on the front and rear sides and Dark 20% on the rear window only. It looks light in the shop because you're looking through 1 layer of tint but in the real world you will be looking through 2 layers when you look through the car. I'll get some pics after it's washed but it's just light enough that you can see the cuoio interior.