Maserati Quattroporte, GranTurismo, Gran Sport, Coupe, MC12

New Owner

Old 09-17-2014, 10:48 AM
Cscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of light
New Owner

Hi all, I just purchased a 2009 GranTurismo today and came in this section to hopefully learn some more about the car. I'd like to know any tips, tricks, common problems, things to look for, common upgrades, etc. I had to broaden my search range to get the exact one I wanted, so it is being shipped here from a dealer in Ohio. I am happy to be adding a comfortable cruiser to the stable. If anyone has some good information, or maybe some helpful links, I would very much appreciate it! Thank you in advance.

Old 09-22-2014, 12:04 PM
6spol_sj will become famous soon enough6spol_sj will become famous soon enough
you may want to join the forums of maserati life. much more info there

Old 10-11-2014, 03:47 PM
VIP C4 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Cscat
Hi all, I just purchased a 2009 GranTurismo today and came in this section to hopefully learn some more about the car. I'd like to know any tips, tricks, common problems, things to look for, common upgrades, etc. I had to broaden my search range to get the exact one I wanted, so it is being shipped here from a dealer in Ohio. I am happy to be adding a comfortable cruiser to the stable. If anyone has some good information, or maybe some helpful links, I would very much appreciate it! Thank you in advance.
Congrats! I see that you also have/had a 997TT, I am going thru the debate whether or not to pull the trigger. How do you like the GT compared to the 997TT? I test drove one...I wasn't impressed with the power, but the sound...man, I've dreaming about it. I would like to hear some practical experience of owning both cars and thoughts after. your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Old 10-12-2014, 08:22 AM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
I have a 996tt and GTC.

While I love the speed of a turbo porsche, the maser names the pOrsche feel like a vw.

Go test drive a gt.

By the way, they changed the car in 2013... big diff in styling. 2014 is very diff then 2009

Old 10-12-2014, 10:08 AM
Yeah I test drove a '13 MC and did some research noticed the seats are different, much sportier looking on the newer ones, and not to mention the MC styling and the CF interior are just stunning.....the exhaust is just what gets me, and I am sure that's what it gets everybody who decided to own one.

I just wasn't sure how much I would miss the power, since I DD my 997tt and the GT is really not very impressive with that heavy body is hauling.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:45 AM
Paul@IAPracing is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Cscat
The GranTurismo's are great cars. You are going to love it. Just be sure to find a reliable shop in your area and keep the maintenance up to date. There are a few modifications you can do if the car still leaves you wanting. A set of sport cats, x-pipe and ECU tune will give you some nice gains. Then if you want the look of the car to match the new sound you can throw a set of lowering springs and spacers on it

We are also over on Maseratilife.com as a sponsor. We are still listed as ECSofVirginia. They are in the process of updating our name to IAPracing over there. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions.

Enjoy the new car!

Old 10-21-2014, 07:14 PM
Cscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks guys, here's some pictures of the car.

First day I got it, getting checked over by Elite Motorsports (great shop and 6speed sponsor).

Then had Ferrari/Maserati of Long Island install the OEM MC Stradale front-end.

The next thing I want to do is exhaust. Probably just an X-pipe for now because I still want it tolerable, just a little more throaty.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by VIP C4
Congrats! I see that you also have/had a 997TT, I am going thru the debate whether or not to pull the trigger. How do you like the GT compared to the 997TT? I test drove one...I wasn't impressed with the power, but the sound...man, I've dreaming about it. I would like to hear some practical experience of owning both cars and thoughts after. your feedback is greatly appreciated!
I still have my Turbo S Cab, two very different cars. The Maserati is super comfortable. I wasn't buying the car for speed, so getting the "S" didn't matter much to me. If you want a nice compromise, get the MC Stradale, sick car. If it were to be my only "fun" car, I would have snagged one in a heartbeat. But since I still have the 911 and GTR, it didn't make sense. I literally just bought the car for its looks and comfort.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:27 PM
Love the MC front end, how much was it to get painted and installed if you don't mind me asking

Old 10-21-2014, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by VIP C4
Love the MC front end, how much was it to get painted and installed if you don't mind me asking
It was much less than I thought it was going to be, which is what persuaded me to get it. About $3500 in parts, and $1500 in paint/install.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:19 PM
Had a Larini X-pipe installed today. Turned up the volume quite a bit. Very happy with it.

Old 08-07-2015, 11:09 PM
Former Vendor
albert@velosdesignwerks is a jewel in the roughalbert@velosdesignwerks is a jewel in the roughalbert@velosdesignwerks is a jewel in the rough
Congrats!! Keep posting pics and let us know how you enjoy it! We have done 2 Maserati and the owners have really enjoyed them! Just make sure to have them inspected throughly so you have no surprises! Enjoy

Old 08-09-2015, 08:22 PM
phy6 is on a distinguished road
Congrats! I just got one too!

Old 09-01-2015, 09:56 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
Congrats on the purchase Cscat and amazing interior color. Very vibrant.

If you ever consider going the extra mile and decide on acquiring some performance wheels to improve cruising, give us a shout and we'd be happy to help. We're HRE and ADV.1 largest dealer worldwide and can get you the best pricing available.

Enjoy your ride sir!

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.