Maserati Quattroporte, GranTurismo, Gran Sport, Coupe, MC12

Just bought a new leftover 16 QP GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 08:47 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Just bought a new leftover 16 QP GTS

Pretty nice deal, got it for $115k with a sticker of $155k and 133 miles on it. Sold new, not used so we get full warranty. I traded our 2014 CTTS with 36k miles on it. Got tired of having two SUVs so now we have a nice luxury sedan with a kick. This thing is way better than any BMW 7 series and has better styling than the Panamera which my wife refused to look at. I wanted to stay Porsche but she really liked the Q4 and I said no way, too weak. Once she drove the V8 she said yeah! It was a great deal, couldn't pass it. Will post some pics a bit later.

The exhaust note is a bit muted and I would have liked the better wheels but they were on the 17 which was $160k and I liked the Piano wood and red stitching on the interior of this one as opposed to CF on the 17. There are only about two significant differences inside on the 17 vs 16, the touch screen is bigger, there is an iDrive like dial on the 17 and it has the simulated top view camera which I loved on my M5. The other new feature is integration with Apple Play and Android Play but otherwise, not worth the $45k difference in price offered. Now if it was only a $5k difference I would have gone 17 but with a $40k discount from new on the lot, it's pretty easy to make the choice. Let the dealer take the depreciation.

Old 03-26-2017, 09:50 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Here are some pictures

The seats don't have as many adjustments as the M5 or the Cayenne or my 991TTS but the leather is really nice. The car is very refined and the styling is much better than the German equivalents. The car feels more connected to the road too. It drives better than my M5 did for sure. With the V8 it has really good pickup but it could use a tune and maybe an exhaust. However, it's the wife's car so I doubt that I will end up getting those features on it.

Attached Images       
Old 03-29-2017, 01:25 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Beautiful car. Congratulations and good luck!

Old 04-01-2017, 09:47 PM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
huge congrats!

Im putting money that your ttv8 is the motor we will have in the 2nd gen Granturismo in the next 2-3yrs

Such a nice power plant!

Old 04-02-2017, 07:15 AM
wrs
Originally Posted by TheYoungConnoisseur
huge congrats!

Im putting money that your ttv8 is the motor we will have in the 2nd gen Granturismo in the next 2-3yrs

Such a nice power plant!

It definitely is and that would really help the Granturismo because it's a little underpowered compared to other cars in it's class I think. However, getting a nice loud exhast like it currently has won't be possible. I don't mind the muted note on the QP GTS because it's a luxury car but the Granturismo should have a good growl and it does now but it lacks power.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.