Maserati Quattroporte, GranTurismo, Gran Sport, Coupe, MC12

07 Maserati @100,000 miles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 02:04 AM
RogMas18 is an unknown quantity at this point
07 Maserati @100,000 miles

At $11,000, is this Quattroporte a wise purchase? A possible dream car that I can afford to buy but can I afford to run it? I believe that the engines are reliable (most are, these days), but a bad experience with a Jaguar XJ350 and its hugely expensive suspension components is making me hesitate. I've seen some marvellous advice and comments on the forum, so any on this subject will be received gratefully. Thanks.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:51 PM
dskippy888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Parts are expensive. When I searched for mine, bad cam variator (you can check for this with a cold start) or the leaking steering rack/pump/other components are two common but costly repairs that were deal breakers for me. But those are not going to be the only things. Skyhook suspension components are also expensive depending on the spec you're looking at. But I would caution that you should put aside some money for unscheduled repairs as it's not going to be reliable as an equivalent Mercedes or Porsche. 100k miles is high as well, but I do live in a country where the avg 2007 Quattroporte on market has around 50k-80k kilometers. Having said all this, they are a joy to drive in my opinion if you get the ZF gearbox and I think they are worth the maintenance for the enjoyment, sound, and looks even if the economics of the car don't look good - they are one of those vehicles that you want to keep running despite cost.