McLaren MP4-12C, SLR, F1, P1, P13

650S vs 675LT Traction Question

Old 07-04-2018, 02:12 AM
Apache1127 is on a distinguished road
650S vs 675LT Traction Question

Hi all,

I have a 2015 650s that I am in the process of trading for a 675LT. I've had the 650s for about 6 months and I find the car constantly losing traction during acceleration. I've had the car nearly spin out of control multiple times, or have had the car unintentionally pitch me across lanes when the boost kicks in even during straight line acceleration.

I've got a decent amount of track experience, and have owned multiple exotic cars, but have never experienced a car with such awful rear traction. It feels dangerous under hard acceleration, and I completely lack confidence in the car regardless of the traction mode I'm using (N/S/T). My question is: For those of you that have driven both the 650s and 675lt quite a bit, is this your experience as well? Will the 675LT be the same when it arrives? I know it has better tires on it, but since I've not driven it, I don't know how big of a difference it makes.

Thanks!!

Old 07-15-2018, 01:04 AM
wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !
R888R tires on 650S = problem solved... yes 675LT is better traction wise... then again it comes with those reasonably excellent Trofeos

Old 09-05-2018, 03:22 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
How many miles do you have no your 650s?
About 2 months ago I had the chance to drive all of them back to back 570s, 650s, 675LT and 720s. I was impressed at how much traction all of them had.
I ended up buying a 650s Spider with about 6,900 miles. I feels so much faster than the ones I drove, but I think it may be due to the fact that the car is fully broken in and the tires are now going on 3 years old. It certainly feels pretty loose, but nothing that I am not used to.