Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Photos of BAD ASS SLR aka Batmobile with Black Wheels at SP Engineering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 10:43 PM
huskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to all
Originally Posted by intence
yeah its allanlambos
Who is Keyser Soze?....errr..I mean, who is allanlambos?

Old 12-19-2007, 12:12 AM
speedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nice
Originally Posted by Blue_Monster
I have first hand experience with Vince and that POS he calls a company. I got one of the first sets of Iforged when they came out years ago. My wheels stuck out of the fenders two inches front and back. Those guys have no clue how to run a business, let alone make wheels . My Iforged broke 6 times in 6 months, so you can understand my frustration.
If Vince actually came out with his own style, I wouldnt be as harsh. But anybody can find the best wheel on the market and copy it. Thats too easy. How about some creativity for a change??
Get your facts straight??
I got my facts straight!
Any pictures of the damage? Like others said 6 times is a lot, how did you manage to pull that off?

Old 12-19-2007, 12:24 AM
Paul N has a spectacular aura aboutPaul N has a spectacular aura about
First off. SICK SLR!

My .02 cents:

I've got HRE, DPE, and Iforged. (and tons of Japanese stuff) The only wheels that gave me problems were the HREs. On my 647Rs the clear coat came off and it had to be redone after like 6 months.

Blue_Monster: You made a general statement that basically implied:

"Wow, why'd you put cheap rims on an expensive car?" Isn't that a "label *****" kind of a statement?

I bet you if I took the same wheels and threw HRE centercaps on them, you'd praise the car.

Sure my closet is full of Prada, Gucci, Marc Jacobs, YSL, but I love my Gap, Target, etc... just as much.

Not trying to start any drama, just pointing out a fact.

Happy Holidays

Last edited by Paul N; 12-19-2007 at 12:32 AM. Reason: adding stuff
Old 12-19-2007, 02:01 PM
Blue_Monster is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Redlinerobert
I've seen HRE's bend as well, my sister has my '05 E55 with 19" HRE's. Shes bent her wheels atleast 2 times. Only a matter of time BM.
That doesnt count, thats your sister
Women dont know how to drive, let alone with nice wheels

Old 12-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by RWDRIFTC2
Could you please PM me your details and refresh my memory. Wheels braking 6 times in 6 months is defintely abnormal. I am sorry you did not have a pleasurable experience with iForged in the past. We experienced many growing pains over the years. You state you dealt with iForged when we first started almost 7 years ago. I would love to show you somehow how we have evolved since then.
Here we are 6 years later, and NOW you want to fix the problem??
No thanks

Old 12-19-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by Paul N
First off. SICK SLR!

My .02 cents:

I've got HRE, DPE, and Iforged. (and tons of Japanese stuff) The only wheels that gave me problems were the HREs. On my 647Rs the clear coat came off and it had to be redone after like 6 months.

Blue_Monster: You made a general statement that basically implied:

"Wow, why'd you put cheap rims on an expensive car?" Isn't that a "label *****" kind of a statement?

I bet you if I took the same wheels and threw HRE centercaps on them, you'd praise the car.

Sure my closet is full of Prada, Gucci, Marc Jacobs, YSL, but I love my Gap, Target, etc... just as much.

Not trying to start any drama, just pointing out a fact.

Happy Holidays

I agree with what you are saying. Target is great. BUT, I dont think you buy knock off Louis Vuitton handbags for your significant other do you? Or Knockoff Versace, or Prada, or any of that stuff.
That is how I see Iforged. They could not come up with their own style, so they copied HREs entire line up, changed it just enough to not get in trouble, and stuck their Iforgerie logo on it. That is my point.

And for the speedappeal, I dont have any pictures of the damage, as this was years ago, but the reason they kept braking, is because your engineers gave me an offset for a pickup truck . My wheels stuck out of both fenders two inches. So, everytime, I hit a dip or anything, the wheels hit the fender, causing me to replace the fender more than once, and at the same time damaging the wheels.

Old 12-19-2007, 05:09 PM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
That doesnt count, thats your sister
Women dont know how to drive, let alone with nice wheels
Lol. I was right the first time. You're a dick.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:34 PM
speedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nice
That is how I see Iforged. They could not come up with their own style, so they copied HREs entire line up, changed it just enough to not get in trouble, and stuck their Iforgerie logo on it. That is my point.
I see your point about the styles looking similar between the 2 companies.... but isn't that how every company is these days? I'm sure you know more about this kind of stuff but I was under the impression that quality is a more important factor than selection nowadays. Obviously both is a good thing which hands down HRE does a good job of. I only butted in because it sucks to watch you bash these newer companies, including 360 forged which don't really have any styles that are similar to HRE. From what I'm reading, the iforged wheels are safe they're just tailored to what customers like. What is wrong with that? There is probably only so much you can do with rim designs anyways.

Just keep it to yourself man.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:32 AM
I have a wheel and tire shop in so cal. I'm not just talking out of my ***. I speak from experience. To those that buy Iforged wheels, I hope your happy with them!! Your only fooling yourselves.
There is only so much you can do with wheel designs, you are right. That is where something called "creativity" comes into play

Im done with this subject.
Sorry if I offended anyone, just sharing my personal experiences for the potential buyer to be aware.

Old 12-20-2007, 03:49 PM
There is only so much you can do with wheel designs, you are right. That is where something called "creativity" comes into play
You agree that you can only do so much with designs but suggest that they get creative? Since you own a tire shop then you probably know that these companies like iforged, 360, HRE, DPE etc can only get so creative before it starts looking ridiculous. Your argument is weak.

Old 12-20-2007, 04:13 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
very impressed

Old 12-21-2007, 01:53 AM
lsbe36 is on a distinguished road
A great man once said!

Dont waste your time inventing something instead spend your time perfecting something.

So what if iForged copied a few designs off another company, they were still able to offer a better price point and a better fitment for a fraction of the cost.

Now maybe the business practices of the owner of iForged aren't admired by some on this forum but lets just say in the end i'm sure you wouldn't mind rocking a set of their wheels.

Similar designs to other companies, better fitment, custom application, custom finishes, and affordable price point for a 3pc line.

I'm not going to sit here and listen to all this, nor am i going to sit here defending the owner of this company but i will state the facts.

Old 12-21-2007, 02:41 AM
alkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura about
thats allalanbos right?

Old 12-21-2007, 07:19 PM
crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !crush Is a GOD !
SLR in black is 'filthy just filthy'.

Old 12-23-2007, 01:17 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
997Turbo08 is on a distinguished road
Iforged wheels ftmfw

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Photos of BAD ASS SLR aka Batmobile with Black Wheels at SP Engineering