Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Photos of BAD ASS SLR aka Batmobile with Black Wheels at SP Engineering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 07:43 PM
rah79 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by htran16
the slr looks nice. but i dont like the wheels. the style doesnt look aggresive enough for the slr's look.
+1 too many spokes

Old 12-23-2007, 08:52 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
JonA85 is on a distinguished road
sick! wheels go so well with the car

Old 12-25-2007, 08:41 PM
alexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud of
yellow calipers ruin it

Old 12-27-2007, 05:33 PM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
iForged wheels on an SLR! That just ruined it!

Some people will never learn........

Old 12-27-2007, 05:40 PM
R107SL is on a distinguished road
I really like both SLR's but the matte black looks very aggressive.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:13 PM
mannytt will become famous soon enoughmannytt will become famous soon enough
matte looks better imo

Old 01-04-2008, 08:11 PM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
I agree with Blue_Monster about the quality issues of iForged, let alone they are cheap looking copies of HRE's. iForged should take some lessons on CNC machining.
I have 5 friends of mine who have all had issues with there iForged wheels........not including myself. Is that some type of coincidence?
But what do I know, I've only been dealing with wheel industry about 15 years now.

Redlinerobert, you must have a special relationship with iForged to defend them, because you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Lets pull some more BS out of the *** now, shall we?

Old 01-04-2008, 10:00 PM
Carb0n Fiber will become famous soon enoughCarb0n Fiber will become famous soon enough
That SLR is bad ***!! Love the side shot...hope to see it around Florida sometime.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:43 AM
Russkiy_M3 is on a distinguished road
I literally almost shat my pants... that is probably the pimpest ride i've every laid my eyes upon. Looks more pimp than an Enzo...

Old 01-07-2008, 02:23 AM
GTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud of
From personal experience, the car looks bad @ss but drives like a piece of crap.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:37 AM
DarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really nice
I heard the owner of that SLR couldn't handle a Lamborghini so he keeps his panties in the Benz ...

Old 01-10-2008, 09:29 PM
bandoon122 is on a distinguished road
sweet looking slr

Old 01-12-2008, 02:09 AM
Don Relentless will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Redlinerobert
Lol. I was right the first time. You're a dick.
haha, i love you.

Old 01-12-2008, 02:55 AM
Don Relentless will become famous soon enough
im not saying one is better than the other but, from an engineers standpoint, there isnt a whole alot of difference in building wheels, forging techniques are all industry standards. forged wheel companys develope wheels with programs the analize stress and load to the same degree. they are all cnc'd and fit an finishing are all at the same level well at least the ones listed. and we all know hardware and barrels are all shared by the same manufacturers. even companys like Ashanti which is for an urban clientle make really great wheels. the only true issues that people have with wheels are leaks and bending of barrels from pot holes. the lips/barrels would be an issue with the barrel supplier which 90% of the US wheel companies share. and from what i see on leaks 50% of it is caused by the tire mounters, not knowing or having the right equipment. all three pieces wheels are siliconed to keep them air tight, and silicone eventually wheathers, and then there is just plan human error in the application or better yet chrome of lips that leak under neath the chrome which is why HRE tends to not offer chromed lips to avoid such issues. but chrome now has advanced and getting better every year. so it comes down to personal preference in style (design and or weight/performance). each wheel company cater to certain niches. i agree HRE makes some of the worlds best looking wheels and have paid there dues building a rep through marketing, developing, innovating and customer service. Iforged is a newer company than HRE. even newier is SDS which are extremely nice in design and quality or CW wheels that are cheaply priced but exceptionly light and strong. so flaming wheel companys about things you guys truly dont know is just dumb. as for knocking off, jesus crist the entire wheel company is a knockoff or has designed new wheels from getting ideas from other companies, especially today. look at Deeco from Giovanna, he is probably the most knocked off wheel company in the world. to each his own.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:09 AM
TurboRob is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Didn't he blow the motor up after some Mod's Couldn't happend to a nicer guy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Photos of BAD ASS SLR aka Batmobile with Black Wheels at SP Engineering