Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Selling 997 GT3...SL63 AMG or CLK63 Black Series?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 07:42 PM
Showstopper is infamous around these parts
Selling 997 GT3...SL63 AMG or CLK63 Black Series?

Well it's time for me to sell the 997 GT3 due to my wife is pregnant and needing a more comfortable ride. I'm interested in the SL63 AMG or the CLK 63 Black Series. What are the differences in both besides one is convertible and the other is better for the track. Not interested in tracking but do love the convertible. Any input appreciated. Thanks!

Old 11-11-2008, 11:40 PM
AmGblack is infamous around these parts
sl is much more comfortable ,and luxurious so if your wife is pregnant go for that, but ofcourse clk bs looks much better and performs

Old 11-11-2008, 11:55 PM
ET550 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Showstopper
Well it's time for me to sell the 997 GT3 due to my wife is pregnant and needing a more comfortable ride. I'm interested in the SL63 AMG or the CLK 63 Black Series. What are the differences in both besides one is convertible and the other is better for the track. Not interested in tracking but do love the convertible. Any input appreciated. Thanks!
Sounds like you answered your own question. You really need to drive the two. The CLK is really a more comfortable (and powerful) version of your GT3. If you still want that type of handling and ride feel then the CLK is the better choice. However it sounds like you are ready for a real change and the SL will give you the power with a lot more comfortable ride and luxury convenience features (e.g power seats) at the expense of the handling you are used to. The SL also comes with the new MCT transmission. On the other hand the CLK can be had for a lot less money these days for a slightly used version.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:36 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
I would get the clk63 black series amg.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:04 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
clk 63 blk series

Old 11-12-2008, 09:48 AM
master_jcp is infamous around these partsmaster_jcp is infamous around these parts
I would go for me with a CLK, but your wife is pregnant, so the SL

Old 11-12-2008, 10:42 AM
WRXURV8 is infamous around these parts
E 63 Wagon

Old 11-12-2008, 11:08 AM
jerrym is infamous around these parts
Mileage, Pics, price on the GT3?

Old 11-12-2008, 11:15 AM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light
go for the CLK, they have already depreciated to ****, so you wont have to eat that like on SL.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by ET550
Sounds like you answered your own question. You really need to drive the two. The CLK is really a more comfortable (and powerful) version of your GT3. If you still want that type of handling and ride feel then the CLK is the better choice. However it sounds like you are ready for a real change and the SL will give you the power with a lot more comfortable ride and luxury convenience features (e.g power seats) at the expense of the handling you are used to. The SL also comes with the new MCT transmission. On the other hand the CLK can be had for a lot less money these days for a slightly used version.
I've driven the SL63 and it sure does feel good! No comlaints there. However, the CLK is sure dropping down on prices, I've seen one in the mid to high 90's for a clean used one

Old 11-12-2008, 03:22 PM
Benzoboi is infamous around these partsBenzoboi is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by master_jcp
I would go for me with a CLK, but your wife is pregnant, so the SL
+1

GL w/ the decision!

Old 11-12-2008, 04:40 PM
vtandon is infamous around these partsvtandon is infamous around these partsvtandon is infamous around these parts
I would go for the SL63. The CLK 63 is too stiff and I am sure your wife will not like that. If you want something comfortable on fast get the CL 63. My cousin has one as a daily driver and he loves it.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:49 PM
ET550 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Showstopper
I've driven the SL63 and it sure does feel good! No comlaints there. However, the CLK is sure dropping down on prices, I've seen one in the mid to high 90's for a clean used one
Well I have owned the BS for almost a year and put 10k miles on it and have no complaints either. You can't go wrong either way, it just comes down to what you are really looking for at this point. Like i said, if you want a more comfortable version of the GT3 you have been driving then the CLK is the way to go. If you are worried about your pregnant wife (who may have problems getting in and out of the CLK sport seats with the deep side bolsters), and like the idea of cruising around in a convertible in sunny socal, then the SL is the better choice.

Old 11-12-2008, 06:04 PM
werc1 is a glorious beacon of lightwerc1 is a glorious beacon of lightwerc1 is a glorious beacon of lightwerc1 is a glorious beacon of lightwerc1 is a glorious beacon of light
CLK, teach your (unborn)kid the wonderful sound of that engine

Old 11-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by ET550
Well I have owned the BS for almost a year and put 10k miles on it and have no complaints either. You can't go wrong either way, it just comes down to what you are really looking for at this point. Like i said, if you want a more comfortable version of the GT3 you have been driving then the CLK is the way to go. If you are worried about your pregnant wife (who may have problems getting in and out of the CLK sport seats with the deep side bolsters), and like the idea of cruising around in a convertible in sunny socal, then the SL is the better choice.

That's good to know about the sports seat with deep side bolsters in CLK...getting in and out of the car must be with ease...or else she's going to make me get another four door...but of course I prefer a comfortable nice two door sports car

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Selling 997 GT3...SL63 AMG or CLK63 Black Series?