Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Anyone have any good photos of the new Mercedes color ALU-BEAM?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
Anyone have any good photos of the new Mercedes color ALU-BEAM?

I was wondering with it being a new color that will very possibly be available on the SLS for $10,000. It better be one hell of a paint upgrade for that price. I saw this piece somewhere else-

According to Mercedes-Benz, “this newly developed paint process allows a very high gloss and colour intensity. The 100-300-nanometer flakes that create the usual metallic effect in conventional paints are subject to a sophisticated process that renders them much finer (30 to 50 nanometres) and are therefore integrated into the paint surface more evenly. This means that the light is reflected more intensively and with a glossier effect”.

and this micro photo of it on a CLS:

Looks almost wet. It would be interesting to see a photo of the entire car.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:07 AM
Andy0331 is infamous around these parts
They put it on the 40th Anniversary CL65 special edition a year or so ago. I did a search & could find indoor shots, but I remember when it came out there were sunlight shots & a 10 minute? video online with an introduction to the car by an AMG rep.

It looked really, really sick.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:12 PM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
The small pic above really looks incredible. It will be interesting to see it draped over the new SLS.