Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Misha Design Widebody Kit Build Thread SEMA 2010 Completion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 03:26 PM
theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !
nice... any top down pictures yet?

Old 11-01-2010, 04:43 PM
smoove7410 is a jewel in the roughsmoove7410 is a jewel in the roughsmoove7410 is a jewel in the rough
Congrats on an amazing build. The color, stance, wheels etc... are all spot on. Any pics of the Forgestar concave fives?

Old 11-02-2010, 01:13 PM
buzz is a jewel in the roughbuzz is a jewel in the roughbuzz is a jewel in the rough
WOW...One of the best builds I've seen...This color is Crazy

Old 11-02-2010, 05:45 PM
chim pum-callao has a spectacular aura aboutchim pum-callao has a spectacular aura aboutchim pum-callao has a spectacular aura about
man-o-man, that is just SICK! you my friend have done that Merc some real justice. good job.
ohh and before i forget, what shade of orange is that? i likey! can you please pm me that color code? thanks!

Old 11-03-2010, 12:28 PM
V8HAHA is on a distinguished road
Wow that thing came out great!

Old 11-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Green Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to behold
Just saw this great picture by Tan Nguyen from Password JDM Industries of my SL. You can get a better idea of how the paint flops colors when light hits it.

TOP DOWN

Old 11-04-2010, 05:49 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
i must say im not a fan of silver cars , but wow ... that paint looks awesome.. and the car again... looks amazing. congrats on a job well done.

Old 11-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Stealthed is on a distinguished road
That job looks insane!

Great turn out in the end!

Old 11-11-2010, 03:08 PM
GSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to all

Old 11-12-2010, 11:25 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
god that is SICK!

Old 11-13-2010, 01:38 AM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful...God Bless...Now just change the Transmission to a 6 speed manual and its my dream car! lol

Old 11-21-2010, 04:20 AM
Green Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to behold
After trying a few different off the shelf exhaust tips I finally realized there was no way to properly fit exhaust tips on the SL project without making them from scratch. Unfortunately Misha Designs does not provide exhaust tips for their widebody kit as of yet, so I had to come up with something custom.

The guys at Hyevon told me they could tackle my project and in a few days came up with a prototype piece for me to inspect. I was so happy with how it came out. The tips are now being sent to the powdercoater to get a nice textured matte black coating and will be installed on the car next week.

Old 11-21-2010, 04:35 AM
11 Days Project SL Audio Installation Countdown: Day 1

During SEMA one of my good buddies Brian Sherman of Diamond Audio and Fierce Car Audio pitched me an idea of letting them use the Mercedes SL for their CES 2011 car. I have been working with Brian on projects since 2001 and my blue Porsche Widebody had appeared in his CES booth back in 2005. We struck a deal and a few days after I came back from SEMA a full shipment of Diamond Audio gear arrived at my office.

We have a photoshoot on December 1st with Ryan Hagel at RCH Designs in Huntington Beach California. That gives us 11 full days including the Thanksgiving holiday to create a custom stereo system that is worthy of being debuted at CES. I was referred by a few industry contacts to Frank Sbrocca and his team at Traffic James in North Hollywood. After speaking to him on the phone he came to my office with his team and we had a meeting to discuss the timeline and how to tackle the project. An hour later a flat bed tow truck came and the Project SL was headed to North Hollywood for a custom stereo install.

iForged Project SL Audio Build
Stereo Project Countdown.
Full CES build in 11 Days
Installer: Frank Sbrocca and his team at Traffic Jams in North Hollywood, CA.

Full shipment of Diamond Audio and Fierce Car Audio gear.

The fourth flatbed trip for the project SL in the last 3 weeks.

Day 1 Project SL Audio Build

Here are the beginning photos of the door pods. First a jig is made, then the jig is copied to make the grill and inserts

The jig will be copied 4 times for each side with a router using a flush trim bit. These various pieces will become parts of the door pods as well as jigs for the grill and insert that will be carbon fibered

Next the base plate will get the speaker holes cutout

Now that the speaker holes are cut in the base plate now we need to cutout the rings that will hold the grills in place

Once the rings have been cut out the grill is then also cut for the speaker openings. Now we have the main 3 pieces needed got our door pods

Old 11-21-2010, 12:50 PM
The ring is then glued to the base plate which allows the grill to fit snugly in place once it is upholstered

Black abs spacers are made for the tweeter cup so both the midrange and tweeter sit at the same level. This is done to prepare for a carbon fiber insert which will trim off the door pods and the speakers

ABS inserts are made and beveled around the speaker openings. Were making 4 in total for the front door pods. 2 will be sent out to be inlaid in real carbon fiber

A spacer is added to the bottom of our speaker pod and after we tape off the door, we will be ready to mold our panel to the shape of the door

A coat of marglass is used to fill the gaps and shape the panel to the door. Next we will be adding a thin coat of bondo over the marglass. Once both are dry we will remove the panels and sand them till they are ready for upholstery

The factory speaker pods are removed and the speaker opening is covered over with dynamat. The doors are now taped and the doorpods are ready to be molded.

Pictures of the panels with the final coat of bond before they will be sanded

Old 11-24-2010, 03:45 AM
iForged Project SL Audio Build
Stereo Project Countdown.
Full CES build in 11 Days
Installer: Frank Sbrocca and his team at Traffic Jams in North Hollywood, CA.

Day 2 Project SL Audio Build

Day 2 has been all about the amp and wiring display. Here Is the base for the wiring display

Once the base is made the caps and distribution blocks are laid out

After that we made a template of the floor to cover over the wiring. This panel will have a cutout that will show the wiring display

The upper panel will support the amplifiers. Here is another in progress picture as we line up the equipment

Here we have drilled all the holes for the wiring getting the panel ready to laminate

Once laminated we will start mounting all the wiring blocks and capacitors. It’s now time to wit up the blocks before put the panel in the car.

Here we are wiring the caps and. Distribution blocks.

Here is the display sitting in the car finished.

Here is the trim panel over the display

Here is the amp board with the laminate cut to fit.

Here is the amp board with the laminate cut to fit.

Frames are made around the outside edge of the panel to support the upper trim which will trim off the amplifiers and our wiring display

Our template for our bottom panel is now the base for our top trim also. With a few sizing modifications we will use the old template to now make the outside shape of our upper trim panel

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Misha Design Widebody Kit Build Thread SEMA 2010 Completion