Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

1955 Mercedes 300SL Gull Wing spotted at Taste of Morgan Hill

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 01:10 AM
PencilGeek is a jewel in the roughPencilGeek is a jewel in the roughPencilGeek is a jewel in the rough
1955 Mercedes 300SL Gull Wing spotted at Taste of Morgan Hill

2010-09-25.

Right after going to the Dinan open house, I went to the Taste of Morgan Hill -- which is basically a street vendor event with a car show attached on the side. Today as my wife was getting some dinner at one of the vendors, she told me to go look at the car show because there was a "Mercedes I might be interested in." A short time later she called and told me that she needed money. Luckily I was right across from the bank and could grab some cash...and then I looked up and saw the Mercedes 300SL Gullwing on display in the middle of the street.

I took about 20 pictures.

I overheard the owner say he would be there again tomorrow (Sunday) if anybody wants to go look at this gorgeous car. I'd post the pictures here, but I'm too lazy to resize them right now (it's late). I just wanted to get this out there in case anybody wanted to go see the car in person tomorrow.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll resize the pictures and post them. If I forget, PM me.