Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Disgusted with Mercedes GLC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 08:19 PM
carmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of light
Upset with Mercedes GLC300

So I have not been on car forums for a while. Did not think I would be back for this though.

My Wife had a 2014 CLS550. Great car. Wanted an SUV. Went to MBZ. Did the deal.

After taking deliver of the car we immediately called the dealer and told them we didn't receive the SD card for the infotainment. Which also obviously meant we had not reviewed it's features. When we received it we immediately realized that it renders the handsfree phone useless. If you press the phone button while using the navigation it asks you where you want to go. Phone is by default simply disconnected and unavailable until paired or connected another fashion. Unacceptable.

So hurricane harvey comes to town. Time flies by as we evacuated. While on evacuation routes, the vehicle starts to shudder like crazy. CEL. The whole 9 yards. We pull over and I call a technician buddy that walked me thorough a system reset. The CEL light went away. We took pics and emailed Mercedes. When we got the car on diagnostic... nothing showed. No explanation for that. Looks great they said. What a joke.

So, back to the infotainment. It's anything but handsfree. Mercedes techs admitted it's operating as it should. As it was designed. Funny. None of my Audi cars do any of that nonsense. None of my other Mercedes up to this point did either. Once again... unacceptable.

You literally have to physically dismount the disk and then reconnect the phone via Bluetooth. Long story short. If ones phone is plugged in and a call comes in you pretty much cause an accident trying to answer the phone.

This is is a major safety concern imo. Definitely not the hands free phone experience you would expect from a brand new Mercedes.

MBZ is so far no help. We will trade you out. Blah. Lag blah. 15,000 immediate value loss. Etc. etc.

I've owned 6 Mercedes. Paid cash for most of them. They still don't care. It's unreal.

So, I took the car back to their dealership and told them it's worth more to me not hearing my wife ***** about the car. Parked it out front and told them it will be a permanent fixture of their dealership and their customer service decision would decide their fate organically. If I don't get the response that any high end vehicle buyer should get. Which is simply made happy. . I'll go pick up the car and literally destroy it with a machine gun.

Side note. My wife is handicap as well. Hands free was a must. It's everything we can do to simply maintain her driver's license from a medical order stand point. Surprise. Surprise. They still don't care.

Whats next. What do I do???

Last edited by carmstrongLS1; 10-04-2022 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:20 PM
carmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry for the rant guys. I'm all over the place. Just angry and unhappy and getting the shaft.

Old 09-26-2017, 11:27 AM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
It sounds like you have several valid complaints and unfortunately, a typical unresponsive dealership. I would try contacting MBUSA to work the issue from the top down...but it may be hard to find a human to speak with that is not a salesperson. If you have an attorney, have him/her contact the dealership. If the dealer has a Facebook presence, hit'em there. Good luck. I was thinking about trading up from my old 200K mile ML320...now I am not so sure.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by Slik560
It sounds like you have several valid complaints and unfortunately, a typical unresponsive dealership. I would try contacting MBUSA to work the issue from the top down...but it may be hard to find a human to speak with that is not a salesperson. If you have an attorney, have him/her contact the dealership. If the dealer has a Facebook presence, hit'em there. Good luck. I was thinking about trading up from my old 200K mile ML320...now I am not so sure.
I believe that's the direction the deal is headed. Two weeks the vehicle has sat there.

I'd keep your money 💰 at this point.

Old 11-18-2017, 08:57 AM
Turkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond repute
There are lemon law lawyers.

Id say lawyer up and fight back.

MBZ ignores till you sue, sadly.

Old 12-06-2017, 06:13 PM
sterz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by carmstrongLS1
So I have not been on car forums for a while. Did not think I would be back for this though.

My Wife had a 2014 CLS550. Great car. Wanted an SUV. Went to MBZ. Did the deal.

After taking deliver of the car we immediately called the dealer and told them we didn't receive the SD card for the infotainment. Which also obviously meant we had not reviewed it's features. When we received it we immediately realized that it renders the handsfree phone useless. If you press the phone button while using the navigation it asks you where you want to go (1). Phone is by default simply disconnected and unavailable until paired or connected another fashion. Unacceptable.

So hurricane harvey comes to town. Time flies by as we evacuated. While on evacuation routes, the vehicle starts to shudder like crazy. CEL. The whole 9 yards. We pull over and I call a technician buddy that walked me thorough a system reset. The CEL light went away. We took pics and emailed Mercedes. When we got the car on diagnostic... nothing showed. No explanation for that. Looks great they said. What a joke.

So, back to the infotainment. It's anything but handsfree. Mercedes techs admitted it's operating as it should. As it was designed. Funny. None of my Audi cars do any of that nonsense. None of my other Mercedes up to this point did either. Once again... unacceptable.

You literally have to physically dismount the disk and then reconnect the phone via Bluetooth (2). Long story short. If ones phone is plugged in and a call comes in you pretty much cause an accident trying to answer the phone.

This is is a major safety concern imo. Definitely not the hands free phone experience you would expect from a brand new Mercedes.

MBZ is so far no help. We will trade you out. Blah. Lag blah. 15,000 immediate value loss. Etc. etc.

I've owned 6 Mercedes. Paid cash for most of them. They still don't care. It's unreal.

So, I took the car back to their dealership and told them it's worth more to me not hearing my wife ***** about the car. Parked it out front and told them it will be a permanent fixture of their dealership and their customer service decision would decide their fate organically. If I don't get the response that any high end vehicle buyer should get. Which is simply made happy. . I'll go pick up the car and literally destroy it with a machine gun.

Side note. My wife is handicap as well. Hands free was a must. It's everything we can do to simply maintain her driver's license from a medical order stand point. Surprise. Surprise. They still don't care.

Whats next. What do I do???
I'm not sure why you're having such issues with the Comand system since the 2017 it very similar to the 2014 CLS Comand system.

(1) If your phone is connected via bluetooth, all you should have to do is push the phone accept call button on the steering wheel when the call comes in. In addition, when you linked the phone via bluetooth, did you give the Comand system all the access/permissions it needs/asks for?

If it's really asking you where to go when you push the phone button on the steering wheel while in the navigation mode, it sounds like it might have been wired wrong. It's activating the voice command feature. You should be able to show the tech that so they can fix the issue.

(2) What SD card and disk are you talking about?

Last edited by sterz; 12-06-2017 at 06:20 PM.