Merchandise For Sale / Wanted Sell anything LEGAL and not car related in this section. A great source to find deals on watches, art, services, and more

FS BNIB - Oppo BDP93 NuForce Edition 3D BluRay & Universal CD Transport - Audiophile

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 08:01 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up FS BNIB - Oppo BDP93 NuForce Edition 3D BluRay & Universal CD Transport - Audiophile

FS- Just got it two weeks ago, this is the highly acclaimed "Nuforce Edition of the Oppo 93 (Known as the Oppo 93NE). Retail price is $900 plus tax / ship from nuforce.com. http://www.nuforce.com/hi/products/s...95ne/index.php

I am selling this, new in box with all accessories as new, with only 5 hours on it of CD playback only, for $750 shipped via Fedex to anywhere in the 48 States. If you are looking for the best sounding CD transport under $10k and hands down best 3D BD player which also does netflix, stored network music files etc then read on. The video processor chip in this unit is the same one you'll find in $10k video scalars / players.

I am going to pick up a BDP-95 (higher model) instead since I would prefer to have the XLR balanced hookups for my system which the 93 does not have, that is pretty much it..

Absolutely fabulous player, I tested it Saturday on a $150k reference 2ch system against a $10k Faroudja transport and $13k Wadia transport. The analog output of the 93 NuForce at this paltry price is nothing short of amazing, and it sounds almost as good as the above mentioned transports. The only difference we noticed was a bit more wideness of sound stage in the Faroudja and Wadia vs the 93 NuForce. Depth, dimension, detail, and naturalness of sound from the 93 NuForce was 95% on par, if not the same.

We also tested this against the top of the line $2200 Pioneer Elite 09FD BD player and the Oppo just put it to shame on CD playback. That was indeed a hoot. Writing this I'm still quite amazed as this is my first experience with Oppo / NuForce. I am simply stunned by the quality at this price.

Local pickup in Beverly Hills area / pay cash is fine- If using paypal add on the typical 3%

[img]http://www.nuforce.com/hi/products/s...ges/image1.jpg[/img]

Old 06-10-2011, 08:43 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
**** sold ****

Old 06-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
that was fast...I have the "regular" 93

Old 06-11-2011, 07:49 AM
Indeed- I had it listed over on one of the audio forums and it sold right after I posted it up here. The 93 is really an impressive sounding unit. The Nuforce upgraded analog output section is just amazing. You can easily A-B test the regular 93's output by listening to the digital output, then switching to the NuForce analog output. I'm not talking a subtle difference, it is a massive difference.

But, you only should consider it if you do a lot of 2ch listening. You can buy the upgrade board for your 93 directly from Nuforce for $400. It drops right in in 5 mins / easy to do at home.

Although, you could drop $700 or so and pick up an older Theta Miles, Theta DaVid CD/DVD transport, or one of Arcam's older top of line CD transports and it would sound as good if not better.

Probably the only unit that will beat the Oppo for BluRay/DVD playback is the new Theta BluRay player, but that is $3500-ish. Oppo is a really good bang for buck.

Old 06-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I contemplated getting the 95 but was trying to stay on budget.

Whats the rest of your system?

Old 06-11-2011, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
I contemplated getting the 95 but was trying to stay on budget.

Whats the rest of your system?
Budget?? That word almost made me laugh ... I remember when I tried to stick to one.. Audio gear is almost as bad as my car habit.
  • Processor is a Theta Casablanca III, Extreme DACS for R/L/C/Sub and Superior DAC for surround channels (soon to be upgraded with the HDMI + HD Audio option)
  • Speakers are Genesis Advanced Technologies 6.1 L/R, four Genesis dual 15" subs (two 15" subs per L/R tower, built into base w/ 1000w Genesis amp per side)
  • Center is a Genesis 6.1c
  • Surrounds were Genesis 6.1 but sold those- have Energy Veritas 2.0RI taking over for now (I'm selling my Genesis Speakers and putting in BG Radia Line Arrays and subs)
  • Amplifier is an Arcam P1000 7x135w (soon to be replaced by Thetas)
  • Interconnects are Synergistic Silver Reference with the active shielding option.
  • Speaker cables for R/L/C are Synergistic alpha quad with active shielding
  • Surround cables are Synergistic reference
  • Power conditioning is handled by a Tripp Lite HT7300PC
  • Running two dedicated 20a circuits for all of the gear
  • DirecTV HDDVR for TV
  • Oppo 93NE for music / movies (soon to be Oppo 95)
Waiting patiently for my Toshiba 65" LED TV to show up- Mfr keeps pushing out the release date. 480hz, looks to be promising as the new reference standard LED. We'll see...

Old 06-12-2011, 08:29 AM
Nice audio....however you need a bigger TV, or better yet, projector to go with it.

My set up is:

*Mitsubishi 82 inch DLP TV (professionally calibrated by an ISF tech). My room has a cut out and the back of the TV fits in perfectly.
*Onkyo TX NR 3008 receiver w/ Antec fan on top.
*Emotiva XPA 5 1000 watt amp powering my front stage.
*Klipsch RF 7's up front and rc 62 center channel.
*Klipsch RF 82's as wides.
*Kilpsch RF 52's as rear's and RB 52's as surrounds.
*2 Chase Home Theater 18.2 subs up front (18.2's are 2 18 inch subs in one box powered by a standalone Dayton 1000 amp). Amp has full tuning capabilities.
*CHT 18.T (2 individual 18 inch subs powered by one Dayton amp). My subs can make my walls flex when playing movies like Cloverfield.
*Oppo BD 93
*APC S 15 power conditioner.

Everything was professionally tuned/calibrated using $40K worth of equipment which makes everything come together perfectly.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:07 AM
Nice setup as well- I've always been a fan of the Klipsch speakers. I got ruined after listening to the Genesis speakers and have been sold on them ever since.

My humble opinion - If you move to a higher line of speaker for your main L/R/C's you'll get a lot more detail and nuance out of your music and better dialogue on movies. Typically though, you'd be looking at speakers that are in the $8k+ per each range. I have to say I was recently blown away by a company called VMPS while I was at the "THE SHOW" audio event in Irvine this past weekend. They demonstrated a pair of $3500 main speakers, true line arrays, that sounded as good as speakers costing $10k or more. -and that was $3500 *per pair*, retail. Plus they were beautiful finished in gloss black. Check them out on their site - the RM30's: http://www.vmpsaudio.com/loudspeakers.htm
They make a matching center as well, which is also rediculously inexpensive.

My friend Bill was blown away too, and he's been in the audio business for 30 years. I've read reviews on their flagship RM50's, which at $14k per pair are killing other high end speakers costing upwards of $50k or more.

I'd suggest a slightly better processor for not much more $, like the Interga 80.1 or 80.2. I had your exact Onkyo and it is a very good unit, but my friend Bill advised me on the Integra and it is a definite improvement in sound quality. Frankly it sounds 95% as good as this Theta CBIII I just picked up for 2ch listening, and Bill uses the Integra in his own $150k reference room alongside a Theta CBIII for customer demos. The Integra, with a good analog source and put into "DAC Direct" mode, is scary good.. Anyway, you could still get a few bucks for the Onkyo so it would not be a big cost to upgrade to a pre-owned 80.1. Your nice Emotiva amp will thank you .

On that note, coincidentally, I have a 6 month old 80.1 that I'm just about to list for sale, $1400 shipped if it interests you. I'm the original owner, have box / manuals / remote etc as new. Only diff beween the 80.1 and 80.2 is the 80.1 does not have 3D support. I'm not a 3D fan anyway. You'll be able to easily re-calibrate your audio with the 80.1's built in Audessy and microphone. It is spot on accurate for room calibrations.

You're spot on about my TV being too small- The 65" is temporary, am about to remodel the room and eventually will have a 100" screen and projector. That ain't going to be cheap though (again, budget out the window...)

Last edited by p0rsch3; 06-12-2011 at 10:18 AM.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Nice, I probably will eventually go the pre amp and processor route but I have finally gotten my system together and dialed in so I am just going to enjoy it.

The Onkyo runs a bit hot and I have heard that eventually the caps go.

The Integra is the higher end version of Onkyo, yes? Does it have Audyssey pro?

BTW, Onix just had a liquidation sale on all their high end separates.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 06-12-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:42 PM
I hear ya- enjoy it for a bit but if you're like me at all, the upgrade bug will get to you eventually

Yes, Integra is the high end arm of Onkyo. The 80.1, 80.2 both have the Audessy Pro. You'll get your system re-set up in an hour tops. I just bought the Theta CBIII, and I tell you ,that is the *only* processor I would get rid of the Integra for. I'm not exaggerating when I say the Integra is 90% of the performance of the Theta- I have heard the Integra demo'd against the Theta several times. That is indeed impressive, and you sure as heck can't beat the price. Some Onkyo owners may say that the top of the line Onkyo is the same as the Integra- but it is not at all, in any way other than maybe the face plate looks similar and they both have some of the same features. Audio / video performance wise, the Integra uses superior components and power supplies, etc, throughout. The internal DACs are phenominal.

Oh on that note, my 80.1 is sold already... sorry . Check Audiogon first when you are thinking of upgrading because they usually have good pre-owned units for sale there. My humble opinion, buy an 80.1 and sell your Onkyo- That way the upgrade will cost you a lot less. You will definity not regret it a single bit- Setup / recalibration will be a lot easier than you think due to the new Audessy. The 80.1 will last you for years and years, you can still watch 3D if you ever go to a 3D TV by using the dual HDMI's on the Oppo. Primary HDMI out to the 3D TV, second HDMI used for audio directly to the 80.1, which does native decoding of all the BluRay audio formats.

Last edited by p0rsch3; 06-12-2011 at 10:46 PM.