Merchandise For Sale / Wanted Sell anything LEGAL and not car related in this section. A great source to find deals on watches, art, services, and more

High-end AV FS: Theta Casablanca III and Six Shooter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 09:32 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
High-end AV FS: Theta Casablanca III and Six Shooter

I am selling my secondary audio system, a Theta Casablanca III surround processor / music controller and a Theta Six Shooter multi-channel analog preamp.

All components are 9/10 condition, black in color.
I am the second owner of both components.
I have the original build receipt from Theta for the Casablanca III, and it comes with all books and remote.
If you want to buy both items I could make you a slightly better deal, but not much. These are for sale separately as well.

The Casablanca III has xtreme DACs for the front left / right / center sub1, and Superior DACs for the left / right surround and sub2. It has all current surround modes except blu-ray HD formats, and it does not do video switching. Cost new was $12000 and am asking $4500. This is the finest sounding preamp / processor on the market and will blow your mind for theater movies. The processor has 12 independently-configurable inputs, so it is literally like having 12 separate processors in one unit. Each input can have it's own level and xover settings, etc.
http://www.thetadigital.com/casablan...ler_info.shtml

The Six Shooter works with the Casablanca III. It is designed to accept two sources of multi-channel audio either via RCA or XLR, and routes the analog signal directly to your amplifiers. Volume is controlled with the Casablanca as normal via remote.

I used by Oppo 95 BD player to do the HDMI format decoding and feed it through the Six Shooter, and it is nothing short of stunning for movies. For 2ch music playback, it is one of the cleanest and most transparent paths I have ever heard. Cost was $2500 new and am asking $750.
http://www.thetadigital.com/six_shoo...ier_info.shtml

If you are looking for the ultimate in home audio / theater, at a budget price, this is the 'steal of the month'. The Casablanca III unit will never get outdated as it is always upgradable directly through Theta. It has everything current except the latest HDMI card update, which costs about $4500. By using the Six Shooter and a good BD player like the Oppo or Marantz, you really don't need the HDMI upgrade though. Note that if you price a brand new Casablanca III with the HDMI upgrade, you will be looking at about $18,000, so if you bought mine and did the upgrade yourself through Theta you'd be saving 50%.

Casablanca III:

Six Shooter:

Last edited by p0rsch3; 02-18-2012 at 09:40 AM.