Merchandise For Sale / Wanted Sell anything LEGAL and not car related in this section. A great source to find deals on watches, art, services, and more

FS: Plasma TV's 50" and 42" - Panasonic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 12:57 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Michael W.
If you buy a Philips and put it in your home you will be perfectly satisfied with it. But, if you see it in a store next to a Panasonic, Pioneer, or even LG or Samsung you will notice quite a difference. The contrast and black level on the Philips just are lacking compared to the other brands mentioned. It is too bad because I think the Ambilight feature, although gimmicky, is cool!

-- Michael
thanks Michael, for the good explanation.

Old 11-29-2006, 04:15 AM
Michael W. will become famous soon enoughMichael W. will become famous soon enough
Prices on 50" models adjusted down. $1,795 each....

Old 11-29-2006, 10:40 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Michael,
can you post both the outer dimensions and the screen dimensions of the two sizes?
I am trying to see if the 50 will actually fit in the space I have between builtins.

Old 11-30-2006, 01:16 PM
Michael W. will become famous soon enoughMichael W. will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by riverflyer
Michael,
can you post both the outer dimensions and the screen dimensions of the two sizes?
I am trying to see if the 50 will actually fit in the space I have between builtins.
On the 50" model:

Outer dimensions are 49.5" wide by 32" tall. Add 2.5" if you will be using the included stand, i.e. you are not wall mounting it.

Screen dimensions are 43.5" wide by 24.5" tall.

On the 42" model:

Outer dimensions are 42" wide by 27.5" tall. Add 2.5" if you will be using the included stand, i.e. you are not wall mounting it.

Screen dimensions are 36.5" wide by 20.5" tall.

-- Michael

Old 12-01-2006, 01:00 PM
dibs on one of the 50" ers.
Thanks for helping with pick up Michael, much apprecaited, John

Old 12-10-2006, 02:43 PM
As a post note, just wanted to tell anyone on the board considering one of these tv's that its a complete scam!!!

Just kidding. Michael is a great guy, very fair and even loaded and drove the TV an hour to help us out since we are out of towners. As advertised, fair prices so if you have been thinking about it, proceed with trust. John

Old 12-10-2006, 10:50 PM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
So whats available now?

Old 12-11-2006, 12:44 AM
Originally Posted by Duane
So whats available now?
Not too much left. I have 2 Pioneer's which I advertised previously but don't even know where to price them at. I paid around $5k each for them, they are 50", and the market has tanked. I am not sure I can stomach selling them for under $2k.

-- Michael

Old 12-11-2006, 02:27 PM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Michael W.
Not too much left. I have 2 Pioneer's which I advertised previously but don't even know where to price them at. I paid around $5k each for them, they are 50", and the market has tanked. I am not sure I can stomach selling them for under $2k.

-- Michael
Are these Pioneer Elite? If so they are great units. I currently have the 60 inch Elite in my living room and the 43 inch non HD Panasonic in my Master. I am thinking of putting the 42 inch in a guest room and putting a 50 in the master.

Old 12-11-2006, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by Duane
Are these Pioneer Elite? If so they are great units. I currently have the 60 inch Elite in my living room and the 43 inch non HD Panasonic in my Master. I am thinking of putting the 42 inch in a guest room and putting a 50 in the master.
Duane,

No, not ELITE models, but it is important to understand the difference between the ELITE and the non-ELITE with Pioneer. The two are nearly identical. The ELITE gets the all black color treatment, which is nice, vs the black with some silver trim on the non-ELITE. The major difference between ELITE and non-ELITE is that the ELITE version has some extra adjustments for ISF calibration to dial in the picture just that extra bit. That is the sole difference, the actual glass panels used in the ELITE and non-ELITE are 100% identical. If you don't get your set calibrated and you are not a super sensitive videophile you will never be able to tell the difference in picture quality. Just FYI, the extra adjustments are in the media receiver, so if you use an ELITE media receiver with a non-ELITE panel, you now have all of the ELITE features.

-- Michael

Old 12-13-2006, 07:55 PM
I had the 42" on hold for the past 2 weeks but the buyer didn't come through. It is available again. $1,095 for a brand-new condition Panasonic HDTV 42" Plasma, current model with 9th generation glass.

-- Michael