Friday November 16th Fairfax Towne Centre

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 11:29 AM
djParis has a spectacular aura aboutdjParis has a spectacular aura about
Friday November 16th Fairfax Towne Centre

Copied from another forum: I went to these meets a few years ago and they always proved to be rather fun. Hope to see you guys out there as well.

Originally Posted by Kurazy Kracka;3543264
Bboyoracle and I had been wanting to bring these back. started them about 2 yrs ago at fairfax towne centre and they were a huge success, ended up filling up about 2 levels of the parking deck each time with hundreds and hundreds of cars.
Bboy got in contact with the general manager of the movie theater who is cool with us meeting there!!!
so these are back in action, this will probably be the only one until after the holiday season so that we do
not interfere with shoppers and the center will become much more crowded. hopefully after that they will be monthly like they used to be.

^^ rooftop for one of the many which it looked like this as well as the level below.

On Friday NOVEMBER 16 at Fairfax town Center @ 8pm there will be a meet. Please spead this around to all the boards you know. Just remember don't do anything that could get anyone in trouble, revving, peeling out, and so forth.Remember, get the word out, we want this to be HUGE! Just copy and paste all of this or link it to other forums

This meet will go from 8pm-11pm. Once 11 rolls around everyone will need to clear out then so that the locals aren't disturbed which could jeopardize this event from happening again.

Once you arrive there please go directly to the roof top.

WE HAVE PERMISSION TO BE THERE AND THE POLICE MAY OCCASIONALLY COME THROUGH TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS OK SO LONG AS EVERYONE IS COOL WE WILL HAVE NO TROUBLE. WHEN GOING UP AND DOWN THE RAMPS DO NOT SPEED OR MAKE LOTS OF NOISE BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT RUINED IT FOR THEM YEARS AGO AND PLEASE CLEAN UP TRASH AFTER YOURSELVES

DIRECTIONS

Take rt. 50 then from rt. 50 take the West Ox rd. SOUTH exit. after you take the exit the shopping center and garage will be on ur right.

Once again, copy and paste this to the other forums you belong to so we can jumpstart these local meets again!

Thanks,
Mike and Waldo

Old 11-16-2007, 12:24 AM
djParis has a spectacular aura aboutdjParis has a spectacular aura about
ATTN UPDATE:

In response to the uproar of enthusiasts on mulitple forums about whether FCPD will bust this meet I decided to do some research.

I have been in contact with property management (Diversified Development Realty) for the past several weeks. They successfully gave me the run around. This led me to talk to the Manager, Mike, at United Artists who gladly welcomed our visit.

Fast forward to today..........I found out that if FCPD found out about this event, which i have reason to believe they have, the only way they would allow us to stay there would be with the property manager's consent. The general manager's consent has no weight.

Because of this I spoke to Elden Boothby, property manager, who finally gave me an answer......::drum roll:: NO! If we want to be there we need to pay (insurance and liabilities), something he did not feel the need to express to me a month ago.

So in order to protect everyone from being swarmed I have decided to have the meet at another location. This all really saddens me as I was hoping to have this meet because, im sure others can sympathise, I have had such fond memories there and was hoping to make new ones or introduce people to a "real" meet.

But let us look forward. The new location will be at Chic-Fil-A off 28, known for having meets every friday. Please dont look at this as another "Chic Fil A meet" but a NOVA Meet at a new location.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we caused. In the end Mike and I are just trying to provide a safe environment for everyone to share their hobbies of cars.

P.S. What about the people who will be showing up and dont recieve this information? We will be at FTC handing out flyers on how to get to the new location. We dont want to leave anyone hanging. Once again sorry guys, we are just trying to look out for you.

-Waldo

CLIFF NOTES: FCPD needs property managers consent. Even though we have the general manager at UA saying yes.....that means nothing. Property manager said NO. So the meet will be at Chic-Fil-A off 28.