Wheel Refinisher... Good shop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Estoril
One wheel had a very slight bend (not visible to the eye but I can feel it at a specific speed). They said they feel they could work on the wheel. Odd because Ye Olde Wheel Shop had done similar work on the same wheel in the past.

The second wheel had a very small curb blemish in a 2" strip. They said the wheel had a clear coat that they didn't want to work with. I'm unaware of a clearcoat on the wheel. In any case, again Ye Olde Wheel Shop had done a more substantial curb rash fix on this set in the past and it looked perfect.

I was looking for an alternative to Ye Old Wheel Shop because they take 4 weeks for wheel work. I guess its back to YOWS for me. At least I know they can do the work very well... I'll just deal with the delay.
Come on man, doesn't sound like much of a "full-service" shop to me....

Check out this "full service" REPAIR, POLISH, PAINT all in one.....

Lots of wheel shops want to work out only damage others claim to do it all without the knowledge of MAJOR DAMAGE restoration. You just need to work with the ones who can not only take the good but the bad too...

-Eli

Last edited by Wheel Dynamics; 06-02-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:30 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
haha...wtf kind of weird *** wheel is that?

Originally Posted by FastForwardwheels
Come on man, doesn't sound like much of a "full-service" shop to me....

Check out this "full service" REPAIR, POLISH, PAINT all in one.....

Lots of wheel shops want to work out only damage others claim to do it all without the knowledge of MAJOR DAMAGE restoration. You just need to work with the ones who can not only take the good but the bad too...

-Eli

Old 06-02-2008, 01:01 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maxwell
haha...wtf kind of weird *** wheel is that?
This my boy is a BBS, you can see the stamp located on the center area of the wheel.....

-Eli

Old 06-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Immo is on a distinguished road
So I'm debating... Ye Old Wheel Shop or Wheel Refinisher...

My Stock wheels look like this:

I want them to look like this:

Old 06-11-2008, 07:13 PM
Bach 997 is on a distinguished road
well, as you have read, there are mixed experiences with wheel refinisher. I had a great one. My only advice is if you do decide on using them, drop the wheels off in Annapolis, that where they do all the work, don't drop them off in Rockville.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:23 AM
Former Vendor
Or you can always finish them as I did my Mopar

-Eli

Old 07-17-2008, 06:42 AM
Originally Posted by Bach 997
well, as you have read, there are mixed experiences with wheel refinisher. I had a great one. My only advice is if you do decide on using them, drop the wheels off in Annapolis, that where they do all the work, don't drop them off in Rockville.
I dropped off (4) wheels in Annapolis on Monday. They said it would take about a week. I called today to get a status and now they will not commit to a time frame....

Old 07-17-2008, 08:20 AM
ttowsontt will become famous soon enough
call rob at eurobeat 240-888-4153 he is mobile and will come to you. he just re polished the rear lips on my wheels and did an awesome job. i had previously taken my wheels to another wheel repair shop (another mobile guy that was subcontracted out at dealerships) and they made my wheels look worse, rob has made them look brand new again. i was literally thinking about buying new wheels before he fixed them

Old 07-31-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by Bach 997
So I drove up to Annapolis (From Leesburg) to pick up the wheels today and have them reinstalled. Just got home and one of them is already chipping paint.

Old 07-31-2008, 05:09 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Go see this guy; he powder coated my wheels. Unfortunately, he doesn't do any repairs, but he does great paint work. BTW, when you talk to him he is the owner and the painter, no middle men bone heads to deal with. Here is a picture of my wheel in gloss black. Final note, the wheels are magnesium, very hard to powder coat properly.

www.extremepowdercoating.com

Last edited by 9Eleven; 07-31-2008 at 07:12 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:09 PM
Well I washed the car today and brake dust was not the only thing that came off the wheels.

Old 08-01-2008, 04:49 PM
Old 08-01-2008, 05:24 PM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice
Originally Posted by Immo
Well I washed the car today and brake dust was not the only thing that came off the wheels.
Wow - that is SERIOUSLY BAD workmanship. Who did it?

Looks like bad surface prep. You need to bring it back, pronto.

Last edited by Estoril; 08-02-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:22 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Immo

Wow, sorry to see that..... Sometimes it's just worth going to someone with a rep. "even if it means shipping them.....

-Eli

Old 08-01-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by FastForwardwheels
Wow, sorry to see that..... Sometimes it's just worth going to someone with a rep. "even if it means shipping them.....

-Eli
How much would you charge?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wheel Refinisher... Good shop