Detailer in/near Tysons corner, virginia

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 11:46 AM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Don't get me wrong, from the pictures and such posted... it looks lik DJ does a great job but I think his prices are very high.

Old 03-22-2010, 04:17 PM
akw_toronto is a name known to allakw_toronto is a name known to allakw_toronto is a name known to allakw_toronto is a name known to allakw_toronto is a name known to allakw_toronto is a name known to all
I took the recommendation to contact Almo. My main concern was getting the stuff off the passenger door that dripped from the condo pipes. Don't know what it was but it wouldn't come off with normal washing. On the phone Allan quoted me a reasonable price. Only part I wasn't comfortable with was leaving my car with someone I didn't know for 12 hours.

When I met Almo at the meet in Tysons he seemed like a trust worthy guy. He saw the condition of the car and suggested that I didn't need a full detail. I knew this but didn't think anyone would take the time to just fix the problem area. He suggested that I stop by his house and he would take care of it for me. The problem area could be buffed out in 5 - 10 minutes.

I took him up on his offer. First off - his place is clean!! Second - he's got some great gear. Third - he knows his stuff and is meticulous. Using a clay bar he was able to get the stuff off my door pretty quickly. He then polished it up with the flex buffer. He also lent me a screw driver so I could fix my front plate.

When he was done he wouldn't take anything for the work he did. I had to sneak some cash under his wiper blade when I left his driveway.

Allen is a stand-up guy and I would highly recommend him based on this experience with him.

Adam

Old 03-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Thanks Adam, great meeting you and I always enjoy hanging with great company!

Cheers,
Allen

Old 03-22-2010, 07:52 PM
TMAC will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by akw_toronto
I took the recommendation to contact Almo. My main concern was getting the stuff off the passenger door that dripped from the condo pipes. Don't know what it was but it wouldn't come off with normal washing. On the phone Allan quoted me a reasonable price. Only part I wasn't comfortable with was leaving my car with someone I didn't know for 12 hours.

When I met Almo at the meet in Tysons he seemed like a trust worthy guy. He saw the condition of the car and suggested that I didn't need a full detail. I knew this but didn't think anyone would take the time to just fix the problem area. He suggested that I stop by his house and he would take care of it for me. The problem area could be buffed out in 5 - 10 minutes.

I took him up on his offer. First off - his place is clean!! Second - he's got some great gear. Third - he knows his stuff and is meticulous. Using a clay bar he was able to get the stuff off my door pretty quickly. He then polished it up with the flex buffer. He also lent me a screw driver so I could fix my front plate.

When he was done he wouldn't take anything for the work he did. I had to sneak some cash under his wiper blade when I left his driveway.

Allen is a stand-up guy and I would highly recommend him based on this experience with him.

Adam
Very good to hear
Allen I need to talk with you about the seats in my Audi S4

Old 03-22-2010, 09:37 PM
AvusRS6 will become famous soon enoughAvusRS6 will become famous soon enough

Adam
That's so AWESOME cuz my wife's Maser has a date with Allen. It just feels so good to hear comments like this knowing your car is going to be in such great hands. Heck, I can go bug Berk while dropping off the Maser.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:56 PM
Banned
M3-ADDICT is infamous around these partsM3-ADDICT is infamous around these parts
Glad to see others agree on what was said.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:36 PM
benz-o-rama will become famous soon enoughbenz-o-rama will become famous soon enough

Adam

This is awesome. I love reading stories like this.

Bravo, Allen.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:28 PM
Darkfiber is on a distinguished road
Hey Almo, would you be able to work on my M Coupe? It has swirl marks all over it and I can't stand it... Please let me know, thanks!

Old 03-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Chris D. is on a distinguished road
This kind of works get's into some serious time and requires more patience than I have. Personally, you'd have to pay me a lot more to do detailing.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Tmainevent will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the heads up everyone...I will be reaching out...have some sap I need removed on my pcar...looks pretty deep.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:47 PM
Ok, I need to find a detailer in my area before the end of October. I would like to do this sooner than later.
My M5 needs a full exterior detail but there is more..... While down in FL the car caught some overspray and this needs to be removed from most of the car including the glass.
ALMO, I would love to hear what you could. I was always disapointed that we couldn't work out something on my M5 and other cars due to timing previously. Please shoot me a PM on what you think something like this may cost me.

I live in Alexandria now right off 395 so I while I would like someone close I will drive to get the work done.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by AvusRS6
That's so AWESOME cuz my wife's Maser has a date with Allen. It just feels so good to hear comments like this knowing your car is going to be in such great hands. Heck, I can go bug Berk while dropping off the Maser.
Good to see you are floating around the board Alex. Post up some pictures of the car once the work is completed

Old 10-05-2011, 09:48 AM
PM sent

Old 10-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by Almo
PM sent
Thanks Allen

Old 10-05-2011, 02:44 PM
GTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TMAC
Ok, I need to find a detailer in my area before the end of October. I would like to do this sooner than later.
My M5 needs a full exterior detail but there is more..... While down in FL the car caught some overspray and this needs to be removed from most of the car including the glass.
ALMO, I would love to hear what you could. I was always disapointed that we couldn't work out something on my M5 and other cars due to timing previously. Please shoot me a PM on what you think something like this may cost me.

I live in Alexandria now right off 395 so I while I would like someone close I will drive to get the work done.
Contact DJ Mayo... PM me if you need his info... we are putting together a private event and he will be at it doing a detail workshop.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Detailer in/near Tysons corner, virginia