DC Metro area: Where to get brake calipers painted?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 08:45 AM
BMWGator is infamous around these parts
DC Metro area: Where to get brake calipers painted?

Anyone have any recommendations on where to get a professional quality (not a DIY thing) paint job done on brake calipers? Have a Gallardo and the stock calipers are black...want to get them painted red with white lettering. Lambo of Washington says they can do it...quote is roughly $300 per caliper, but wanted to compare other potential places in the DC Metro area?

I'm in no rush, but wanted to do a little research on this 1st.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:49 AM
1 slow 97 is infamous around these parts
Try D&V autobody, I believe they do allot of collision work for Ferrari and Maserati. Their shop is the cleanest shop I have seen and customer service is top notch for a body shop. Ask for Ron Maharaj, Manager ron@dandvautobody.com and tell him Jim sent you.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:14 PM
BMWGator is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by X5owner
Try D&V autobody, I believe they do allot of collision work for Ferrari and Maserati. Their shop is the cleanest shop I have seen and customer service is top notch for a body shop. Ask for Ron Maharaj, Manager ron@dandvautobody.com and tell him Jim sent you.
Thanks Jim. I was wondering if D&V is where L of W actually sends this stuff to, anyway?...lol

I'm open to more suggestions, also. I usually use Wagonwork for painting my stuff, so will check with them, too.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Euro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BMWGator
I'm open to more suggestions, also. I usually use Wagonwork for painting my stuff, so will check with them, too.
I have heard that Mike Anderson sold Wagonwork to Pohanka, and the quality of work had gone down the tube. I do not know this for fact, just something I have heard from some people in the business.