Suggestions on where to get wheels PAINTED and REPAIRED

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 01:44 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Suggestions on where to get wheels PAINTED and REPAIRED

Thanks guys.....Want to give the Champion's some TLC, so any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Dan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura about
I haven't seen their work personally, but I hear ye olde wheel shop does good work.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:38 PM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
Dan the Wheel Doctor is the only guy to use. He will pick them up and deliver when completed.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:58 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys. I'll check them both out. Do they paint the wheels also?

Old 08-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Thanks guys. I'll check them both out. Do they paint the wheels also?

Old 08-13-2010, 07:16 AM
TMAC will become famous soon enough
Berk, let me know how this works out for you. I have a couple of sets of wheels that need some work. Thanks

Old 08-13-2010, 10:35 AM
Dan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura about
Please let me know if you end up going to ye olde wheel shop.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:23 PM
JayJ will become famous soon enough
I've used Wheel Doctor also, great results and yes they paint as well.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:41 AM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
Berk, don't go to Ye Olde Wheel Shop. They're the ones who messed up your wheels when I had them! I took the champions there to get a slight bend from a pothole taken out, and it looked like they tried to fix it with a hammer and a chisel.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:01 PM
SHIELDZE1025 will become famous soon enough
I'm also looking to get one wheel refinished and then all four powder coated.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:57 PM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
Berk - you can send them to champion - when a shop screwed up the ones on my turbo they sent them there and they looked brand new when I got them back. I dont think it was cheap though.

Old 08-16-2010, 03:03 PM
Will do guys. Will keep everyone posted.

Dave - Thanks for the update.....I will DEFINITELY take that in to consideration and just start with wheel doctor.

Chris (Cohare) - i'll check w/ champion as well. thanks bud.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:52 PM
AvusRS6 will become famous soon enoughAvusRS6 will become famous soon enough
Berk, you get any good feedback or warm and fuzzy from anyone yet? I''m considering painting my wheels black since I'm coinsidering the new Vorsteiner front and rear bumper set up with black spoiler and I think the black wheels on my white car would "set it off" just nicely.

Oh, I officially want mor power in my Turbo S. Launch Control is pretty sick, but want it "sicker" where I can scare the living **** out of my wife Hahahah

Old 08-25-2010, 06:09 AM
Hey Alex - I've decided to go with Champion Motorsports down in FLA to do the repair and repaint of the wheels. A little pricier, but they'll even paint the wheels to whatever color I want. Justin @ Champion (who's also on the board) is an awesome guy and I spoke with him on the phone yesterday and they will be sending me some photoshop shots of different paint schemes for the wheels. I'll keep you in the loop.

As for other shops in the area, I am not 100% sure. Sounds like Ye Olde Wheel Shop originally messed up the wheels I got from Dave (Maxwell) and I'm not familiar with Wheel Doctor. I'm still asking around though as to who can do it in the area. Wheel Doctor sounds to be a good one to start.

The Vorsteiner front and rear bumper will look SICK on your car Alex. If you paint the wheels black, I would go for a Piano Black Powder Coat with a red pin stripe to match the interior. That would be a great contrast.

NOW.....as for power.....HAHAHAHA....you are crazy man......your wife will tear off your arm by the shoulder in fear of looking for something to grab on to when you punch it for the first time with her in the car.....HAHAHAHA....make sure that insurance is up to date.....HAHAHAHA......who's gonna do the work? Protomotive again I hope!!!!!

Old 08-25-2010, 01:50 PM
AvusRS6 will become famous soon enoughAvusRS6 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by boochook
Hey Alex - I've decided to go with Champion Motorsports down in FLA to do the repair and repaint of the wheels. A little pricier, but they'll even paint the wheels to whatever color I want. Justin @ Champion (who's also on the board) is an awesome guy and I spoke with him on the phone yesterday and they will be sending me some photoshop shots of different paint schemes for the wheels. I'll keep you in the loop.

As for other shops in the area, I am not 100% sure. Sounds like Ye Olde Wheel Shop originally messed up the wheels I got from Dave (Maxwell) and I'm not familiar with Wheel Doctor. I'm still asking around though as to who can do it in the area. Wheel Doctor sounds to be a good one to start.

The Vorsteiner front and rear bumper will look SICK on your car Alex. If you paint the wheels black, I would go for a Piano Black Powder Coat with a red pin stripe to match the interior. That would be a great contrast.

NOW.....as for power.....HAHAHAHA....you are crazy man......your wife will tear off your arm by the shoulder in fear of looking for something to grab on to when you punch it for the first time with her in the car.....HAHAHAHA....make sure that insurance is up to date.....HAHAHAHA......who's gonna do the work? Protomotive again I hope!!!!!
I don't know yet...I don't think anyone's come out with any power mods yet except for ECU tuning. Never understood why some of these ECU tuning companies charge so much...cough cough techart, cough cough.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Suggestions on where to get wheels PAINTED and REPAIRED