Brakes Beer and BBQ

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 02:56 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chrcowan
yes, yes, I know. I was really looking forward to hanging out (because I never do that). Sigh. I'll see you guys at Katies at least.
I see how it is bubba...puttin' Viper club before your 6speed bros hahaha ... hahaha j/k

where are you guys headin for the crabfeast? there are some great spots I know if in toward Baltimore and Annapolis

Old 06-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
Wife prepped some curry chicken salad, some hamstacks and is going to cook up some scones tomorrow. You guys better show up or I'm going to have to eat all this myself.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:48 AM
Mmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the rough
Fraggle's BBQ

Hey Fraggle - thanks for having us at your home to hang out - I was running on no sleep from the night before but I had a FANTASTIC time. The hospitality, company and cars were top notch. Thanks again!

Here's a couple quick shots I took with the iphone:

Even Mo enjoyed it!
Definetely count me in for the next run.

-Matt

Old 06-26-2011, 07:03 AM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
Big thanks to everyone who came down! Hope you all escaped the maze of my subdivison easily enough. I'll be getting some more pics up later.
My dogs thank Jules for dropping the occasional sausage. Great way to spend a Saturday with good people and good cars!

Old 06-26-2011, 08:00 PM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
Thanks for the great time. The bonding was great and the hospitality even better. I hope you enjoyed the entertainment.

Old 06-26-2011, 08:13 PM
JVproM6 has a spectacular aura aboutJVproM6 has a spectacular aura aboutJVproM6 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Fraggle
Big thanks to everyone who came down! Hope you all escaped the maze of my subdivison easily enough. I'll be getting some more pics up later.
My dogs thank Jules for dropping the occasional sausage. Great way to spend a Saturday with good people and good cars!
Haha, your dogs were the benefactors of my grilling clumsiness...

In all seriousness, thanks Mike so much for hosting! I had a great time. Good times!!! Plus the chicken curry and scones were very much appreciated by my wife.

Old 06-27-2011, 03:56 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I had a fantastic time...big thanks to Fraggle and his wife for hosting a great event with such care and kindness to every one of us. Bull kept us all laughing as fraggle wrenched on his car with wreckless abandon !! Jules was a beast on the grill cooking up brats to perfection for fraggle's little schnauser dog, while occasionally we all got some also lol .

at sometime during the afternoon a software convention broke out...there were Asians from Tiawan and China that decended upon us out of nowhere, bringing gifts of freshly steamed pork dumplings... we learned about culture, they learned about cars, we were all confused together as an array of digital SLR cameras were snapping away as computer DRAM engineers became car enthusiasts in a single afternoon.

There were a pair of 928s there from a couple of young at heart military long time gear head fellas who were swapping war stories and educating Matt and I on Porsche's prominance in the mid eighties... Jelio educated all of us on the history of the 911 as a walking textbook of Porsche knowledge and even joined the fray turning wrenches with another bimmer guy working on a strut replacement in the driveway filled with a motley gaggle of cars ranging from an Aston to a pair of M6s, a couple of Porsches, and my SL55 AMG Mercedes ...to wrap up the day we all made it out of Fraggles neighborhood which is a labirinth-like maze and nobody got pulled over my the commonwealth's finest, although there were times when I felt like I was walking on eggshells with my radar disarmed lol

what a nice event and great time...thanks again Mike for hosting us... that concludes my report on the inaugural Fraggle Rock 2011 event

Old 06-27-2011, 05:11 PM
I'll definitely be doing this again sometime, but maybe I won't be working so hard on my car and miss all the good conversation!!! My wife loved the opportinity to cook for more than just me and a picky 6 year old, glad everyone enjoyed it. It was great to be able to meet the rest of David's family, too!

Yeah, Sunir, driving in VA is sometimes like streaking, fun but you ARE running naked and the cards are stacked against you, because you'll be caught without your pants.

I'm still coordinating getting the pictures from our Asian team!! stay tuned!!!

Old 02-02-2012, 06:36 PM
OK new year ahead shall I fire up another meet? I won't have to work on the car this time I hope!!! I'll be happy to watch or help someone else.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:04 PM
airbrush1 has a spectacular aura aboutairbrush1 has a spectacular aura about
I'm sure I can come up with something to do to the z... And I'm alway willing to help turn wrenches!

Old 02-03-2012, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Fraggle
OK new year ahead shall I fire up another meet? I won't have to work on the car this time I hope!!! I'll be happy to watch or help someone else.
Fraggle I am down for sure...had a great time last time. I won't be doing much to the car, maybe a wash and detail... nothing mechanical or too hard, just there to hang out and spend the afternoon. When were you thinking?

Old 02-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Not sure what would be best yet - I just know I don't want to conflict with the crabfest this time. Lots of events already hittin the calendar!

Old 02-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Ok I'll float this date.

What's March 3rd look like for everyone?

Old 02-03-2012, 07:02 PM
airbrush1 has a spectacular aura aboutairbrush1 has a spectacular aura about
I'm free that weekend

Old 02-07-2012, 11:12 AM
atisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant future
I am too... so assuming that Mother Nature doesn't let go and we end up with a blizzard around that time, I think the fiancé and I would be down for hanging out. This is a 'signifigant other-friendly' event, yes?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Brakes Beer and BBQ