Private Bull Run #3; Sunday 7/24; Meet 8:30-10am; Depart 10:15am

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
This was the run to top all runs. Seriously. I can't remember the last group I did that had this much excitement the entire 2 hours straight!!! Watching Ken take a nose-dive over one of those hipster mounds was friggin epic as much as it was classic. My battery ran out literally one minute before. Time to get the GoPro back-up battery setup. Stat.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:24 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I wonder if we can run this exact run and the restuarant again?...the exact same as this...what do you say bull?

Old 07-27-2011, 07:31 PM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
It's on my agenda for a fall run. My next run is to the Porsche Club Race at Summit Point which i will be posting soon. If you have never run my route to SP, it's a freakin' awesome route

Stay tuned, details will be posted soon... I will only be taking 15-16 cars which is the perfect size group.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:46 PM
Drummerboy is on a distinguished road
This was BY FAR, the craziest, wildest, most insane 2 hours of driving I have ever been on (and I've done allot of drives). I think I busted the suspension on the ride since I had all 4 tires off the ground no less than half a dozen times on that route.

What a great run - Hats off Ken..

- Rob

Old 07-27-2011, 07:57 PM
RINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud of
Great video!! I loved every minuet of it!

I didn't think I could get the 4000lb beast airborn.... Now I know

Old 07-28-2011, 08:42 PM
VGM911 is on a distinguished road
On Sunday, I drove nearly 185 miles to participate in this wonderful 70-mile run (along with 15 other like-minded guys), and then 185 miles back home. I was a bit tired afterwards, but....it was probably the most challenging run I've ever been on - incredible, really, with very proficient drivers in quick/capable cars. The group was able to stay close together and move quickly, with relatively few interruptions from traffic lights, stop signs, or slower traffic.

And what a route it was (who needs the Tail of the Dragon?) - there were tight curves and esses galore, short crests with quick drop offs, blind corners, set-ups for turns that needed good brakes that don't fade and tires with prodigious grip, uphill sections that challenged even cars with substantial hp/torque, one-lane bridges, tunnels....well, you get the picture.

In "Jaws," Richard Dreyfuss and Robert Shaw realized that they needed a bigger boat. Next time I run with you guys, I'll consider bringing the 911.

Last edited by VGM911; 07-28-2011 at 09:13 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:56 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Bull your runs are becoming stuff of legend! The only faster runs are the ones we'd have to do to the bathroom after crappy mexican food

Old 07-29-2011, 06:15 AM
SMBowen is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
This was the run to top all runs. Seriously. I can't remember the last group I did that had this much excitement the entire 2 hours straight!!! Watching Ken take a nose-dive over one of those hipster mounds was friggin epic as much as it was classic. My battery ran out literally one minute before. Time to get the GoPro back-up battery setup. Stat.

See! The battery extension is way more valuable than the LCD Screen. haha

Old 07-29-2011, 09:51 AM
mtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by sunir
The only faster runs are the ones we'd have to do to the bathroom after crappy mexican food
haha... I see what you did there...

Last edited by mtmd11; 08-04-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:03 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SMBowen
See! The battery extension is way more valuable than the LCD Screen. haha
Yeah, you're right. However, I have an annoying rattle going on that I can only hear on the video and not in realtime. That's more frustrating. We'll see.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:25 PM
mtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the rough
Already looking forward to August's Run.
I have gotten a bit of flack form some more 'conservative' drivers over my video... seems crossing the double yellow and 'possibly' exceeding the posted limit is frowned on by some... oh well......

Old 08-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
I'm going to have to guess they weren't on the run! Hosers.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:55 PM
JT3
JT3 will become famous soon enoughJT3 will become famous soon enough
It was a long time ago, but I attended one of these "meetings" and it was incredible.

I would definitely like to make the next one.