WOW....There are cops everywhere in NoVA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 04:51 PM
memo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sunir
tell him you'll race him down Wilson Blvd...he wins you put on tags forever front and rear on this and every car you own here on out and he wins you get a lifetime waiver for front tags in the commonwealth
I will race him on the key bridge, at least I will be out of state after the race

Originally Posted by boochook
Just confirmed with my buddy over the phone who is an Arlington County Cop that his comment was bull****. As long as you pay each ticket they can't do ****!
Thanks BABA!! He was also a motorcade cop. They get you faster especially around Arlington where traffic is slower.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:07 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Send me a PM with his name, would be funny if my buddy knows him.

Originally Posted by memo
I will race him on the key bridge, at least I will be out of state after the race

Thanks BABA!! He was also a motorcade cop. They get you faster especially around Arlington where traffic is slower.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:14 PM
memo is on a distinguished road
Send me a PM with his name, would be funny if my buddy knows him.
Sending PM now

Old 08-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Itln82 is on a distinguished road
Cops are taught to point the laser speed detector at the front license plate.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice
Originally Posted by Itln82
Lacking a front plate - they have other options.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:29 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Where is the front plate on a motorcycle?

Originally Posted by Itln82

Old 08-11-2011, 06:58 AM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
Good point

Old 08-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Drummerboy is on a distinguished road
Made a legal uturn at a yellow light and got pulled. Got hit with a "disregarding a red light" ticket. The officer was extremely polite and spend 10 minutes asking me questions about my car, but there was no way of convincing him the light was not red. Wondering if there's any way I can get this reduced to no points in court..

- Rob

Old 08-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Don't worry about it reducing, here's all you need to do. Go to www.trafficschoolonline.com and take the course. Then you have to take the exam at a public venue where they can confirm your ID (like I did at a UPS Store once) and you get +5 points added to your license so you are still ahead vs the points for the red light.

MAN - they are OUT AND ABOUT!!!!

Originally Posted by Drummerboy
Made a legal uturn at a yellow light and got pulled. Got hit with a "disregarding a red light" ticket. The officer was extremely polite and spend 10 minutes asking me questions about my car, but there was no way of convincing him the light was not red. Wondering if there's any way I can get this reduced to no points in court..

- Rob

Old 08-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Drummerboy

- Rob

The technique I use is to get to the courthouse early and find the officer and talk with him/her and show them that you have no points and due to the car you have I would likely be dropped from insurance. Ask him/her if they would be willing to change to a defective equipment ticket and pay more of a fine. This would be a no points ticket. It has worked for me many times. No guarantee but worth the try.

Of course this only works if you can show a clean driving record. Let us know what the outcome is.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice

They aim at the headlight. Same effect.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:35 PM
Drummerboy is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the advice guys - I'm gonna put that bread in the oven and see if it bakes..

- Rob

Old 08-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Exactly, so then why do cars need front plates but not bikes?

Originally Posted by Estoril
They aim at the headlight. Same effect.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:05 PM
JT3
JT3 will become famous soon enoughJT3 will become famous soon enough
The tragic accidents on Backlick Rd and the Beltway recently have only reinforced the perception for increased enforcement.

I hear ya - they are out.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:29 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JT3
The tragic accidents on Backlick Rd and the Beltway recently have only reinforced the perception for increased enforcement.

I hear ya - they are out.
what tragic accidents? what happened? that mixing bowl area is a friggin disaster...another reason to avoid the commonwealth hahaha!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WOW....There are cops everywhere in NoVA