Sportec

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 11:13 AM
MHF
MHF is on a distinguished road
Sportec

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if SPORTEC has a dealer in the US?

Old 02-09-2012, 01:24 PM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
Sportec in US = YES!!

For many years I have known well and done bus. with the guy/co. who has exclusive importation rights for North America for Sportec.

I also spent some time living in Switzerland and have been to prod. and R&D facilities and gotten to know guys there some.

It is top top notch stuff.... all of it.

In 2008 I brought a 997 Sportec SP600 to my display at the Wash. DC Auto Show. It was probably the hotest car at the show that year (.... it and the Hartge E92 chassis with a M5 V10 stuffed in it that was next to it..... and a whicked nasty Katech Z06).

Sportec is all very getable and installable.

Attached Images   
Old 03-01-2012, 09:11 AM
TRSMatt has much to be proud ofTRSMatt has much to be proud ofTRSMatt has much to be proud ofTRSMatt has much to be proud ofTRSMatt has much to be proud ofTRSMatt has much to be proud ofTRSMatt has much to be proud ofTRSMatt has much to be proud ofTRSMatt has much to be proud of
soooo who is the US distributor? I need to buy some Sportec cats

Old 03-01-2012, 10:06 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Hey Matt. You don't need to buy Sportec cats. You can get any cats you want. Many people here will swear by HJS, but any quality metal, spun cat will work. My guess is Sportec will charge a couple thousand dollars for cats.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:08 AM
TRSMatt has much to be proud ofTRSMatt has much to be proud ofTRSMatt has much to be proud ofTRSMatt has much to be proud ofTRSMatt has much to be proud ofTRSMatt has much to be proud ofTRSMatt has much to be proud ofTRSMatt has much to be proud ofTRSMatt has much to be proud of
Awesome news thanks for the heads up John. I wonder if I can just bring it by any custom exhaust shops here in Atlanta for them to whip something up. What do you think? (I know the stock stuff sure as hell wont bolt right up, haha)

Old 03-01-2012, 12:24 PM
G ZILLA is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TRSMatt
Awesome news thanks for the heads up John. I wonder if I can just bring it by any custom exhaust shops here in Atlanta for them to whip something up. What do you think? (I know the stock stuff sure as hell wont bolt right up, haha)
as crazy as it may sound. i would find a local shop that specailized in custom one off hot rods. those guys know their way around a welder. if the guy is not 50+ years old and still doing it, keep looking lol. Example: Have you seen the paint work on Hot Rods!?!?! the welds and custom pipes?!!!! Fregging Amazing!

In my short (35 years) I have found that those who truly care about their work are over the age of 45. Young money and old money are two diff people to deal with IMO.

good luck.

***edit***
LMAO!

Atlanta Hot Rods
http://www.atlantastreetrods.com/

Last edited by G ZILLA; 03-01-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:32 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
You should have a custom shop do it for you. Just do some searching, the cream will rise to the top.