Hyperfest 2012

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 02:48 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Tonk they have stricter rules due to the claims against the theft and vandalism that has occured in the past. Chris Cobetto and NASA trying to stuff 5 lbs of crap into a 3 lb bag has caused problems and the resulting change in security protocol.

...bring your walking shoes bub!!

Old 06-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Zahjah has a spectacular aura aboutZahjah has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by sunir
Hey bud, first off best of luck this weekend! Have fun out there

I wasn't talking about the racing as being a cluster f*ck per se (although it has been, grossl;y mismanaged, uneven fields, time delays etc...) I was mostly talking about the crowds, drunk people, folks stealing stuff out of the paddock coming from the other parts of the event and camping out creating a mess and casuin drama...also has been some bad effects to racers - a buddy of mine had a set of fikse race wheels with Rcomp hoosiers stolen one year...another buddy of mine had a bunch of tools stolen another year...etc... the kids out there go crazy, there are too many people, too much different events happening at once, and everyone is in a frenzy and boozed out...again I used to go for a few years when this thing started out...it's out of control, 5lbs of $hit in a 3lb bag.... I got an email from BSR to instruct at Hyperdrives, if in the very small chance I do go that is what I'll be doing, but that is only a slight chance...
thanks man-- i knew what you were talking about and i can't disagree with any of what you said. to me it's just another race weekend but with a huge, drunk crowd....and some extra eye candy roaming around too!!

definitely have to put everything on lockdown when i am out on track which is something i really don't have to think about during a "normal" weekend. fortunately, i haven't had any issues--well i guess a blown headgasket back in 2009 could be considered an issue -- definitely have to stow everything away for the night though.

our race group will take the checkered around 4 and i'll be out of there by 5-5:30 (unless i have to stick around to collect my winners trophy....NOT!!)before the real debauchery starts. i turn 46 today so i'll leave that stuff to the young 'uns like tonk

hopefully it won't be too hot--looking like low-mid 80's as of now--

Old 06-11-2012, 04:08 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ happy Bday brother!!! enjoy the evening and have a celebratory cold one!

Old 06-13-2012, 07:33 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
I have an extra guest pass that will get you in for free, if anyone wants it. I'm giving 6Speed first dibs. If nobody takes it by tonight I'll post it on a couple other forums.

Edit: The guest pass is gone.

Last edited by Tonk; 06-14-2012 at 05:00 AM.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by Tonk
I have an extra guest pass that will get you in for free, if anyone wants it. I'm giving 6Speed first dibs. If nobody takes it by tonight I'll post it on a couple other forums.
that's it! I'm in!

Tonk are you entered for the car show? how are you gonna lug all your camping gear in the M? No more spacious Honda fit

Old 06-13-2012, 12:35 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
that's it! I'm in!

Tonk are you entered for the car show? how are you gonna lug all your camping gear in the M? No more spacious Honda fit
All my camping stuff will go in the trunk and my personal items will be inside the car. It will be fine. The only difference this year is that I can't haul a bunch of firewood out there like I did in previous years but my friend has that covered.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:04 PM
chris--

i can bring some wood for you if need be--just let me know before 5am friday--

for anyone else going--i think it's $25 to get in but they allow each racer 2 or 3 crew passes and you can get your $25 refunded between 10am-2pm at the tech shed in the main paddock. i'm not sure how many crew i'm going to have so i might have 1 or 2 extra refunds i'd be happy to share.

i have to get your name on my list or you will need to go to the tech shed with me for the refund. you can either find me in the main paddock or i can give you my cell # to call me at the track- but it would have to be before 2 and work around my track time--

weather is looking just dandy!!

Old 06-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by Zahjah

for anyone else going--i think it's $25 to get in but they allow each racer 2 or 3 crew passes and you can get your $25 refunded between 10am-2pm at the tech shed in the main paddock. i'm not sure how many crew i'm going to have so i might have 1 or 2 extra refunds i'd be happy to share.

looks like i spoke too soon--they are only allowing 1 crew pass this year--so i may not have one available--but you can check with me--

Old 06-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Soooo...a friend of mine who is a model (and is quite attractive) will be entering the daisy duke contest haha. Sunir's seen pics of her on my phone. Maybe she'll take some pics with my car

Old 06-14-2012, 02:01 PM
^^I've seen a few on yur phone...are you talking about that chick Stacy? The one from Bmore GP las year at the Forza booth?

dang don't nobody wanna take no pics wit no dagggawn eeemmfreee on teenage rimmmzz shooooott...boy u betta recogniaze! haha !

Old 06-14-2012, 02:25 PM
^^I've seen a few on yur phone...are you talking about that chick Stacy? The one from Bmore GP las year at the Forza booth?
Nah, talking about Julia, the one who texted me the bikini pictures.

Although Stacy was in the Daisy Duke contest in 2010, I have pics of her on my flickr page.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:29 PM
^^^ I think I remember Julia...shoot me a few pics of her, as I recall she was the brunette with the light eyes?

Old 06-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
^^^ I think I remember Julia...shoot me a few pics of her, as I recall she was the brunette with the light eyes?
Yeah, I think I will have to get these pics as well.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:40 PM
Picture sent, you old perverts!

Old 06-14-2012, 09:58 PM
airbrush1 has a spectacular aura aboutairbrush1 has a spectacular aura about
What the hell? I require pics as well lmao... Have fun this weekend bud!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hyperfest 2012