Hyperfest 2012

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 06:09 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Thanks, Chris. You made my day. A special splash screen for the day.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:15 AM
GTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by sunir
I'm gonna pass... Raced there in the past in gts3 we had 2 red flags in each respective sprint one year... NASA tries to stuff 5 lbs of crap into a 3 lb bag in the hyper fest event ... Way too much going on, not enough control on the crowd, things get outta hand... Too crazy for me any more, I used to go in the past and race there in Gts challenge, but haven't been in a few years...
Ten years ago this sounds like it would be fun..... I went two years ago and spent the whole day karting, that was the only attraction for me.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:19 PM
karmavore is on a distinguished road
Old 06-15-2012, 12:55 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by karmavore
hahaha!!! !!!!

that was funny!

Old 06-15-2012, 02:22 PM
Thanks, I thought it was appropriate.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:27 PM
Zahjah has a spectacular aura aboutZahjah has a spectacular aura about
broken cv joint in 2nd practice sess today . parts on the way though ( thanks SSI- towson!!!) should be ready for 8:50 practice tomorrow a.m

Old 06-16-2012, 10:33 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Hyperfest was awesome this year. Great all around event. Seemed slightly less crowded than last year, maybe because the car show was more organized. And for spectators it seemed that the lines to get in were quicker as well.

Got a lot of great pictures that I'm going to start filtering through. The drifting was really really good this year.

Greg - I was looking for your 944 but I didn't see it, must have been distracted every time you drove by. How'd you do?

Last edited by Tonk; 06-16-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:45 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
And I also have good news and bad news to share. The bad news is that my friend chose not to compete in the daisy duke contest. The good news is that she posed with my car

My hood was really dusty

Old 06-17-2012, 05:03 AM
Zahjah has a spectacular aura aboutZahjah has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Tonk

Greg - I was looking for your 944 but I didn't see it, must have been distracted every time you drove by. How'd you do?
unfortunately, i was chasing mechanical problems most of the day and missed my main-- very frustrating. good to hear that you enjoyef this years event. looking forward to your pics as i really didn't have a chance to check out some of the scene--

Old 06-17-2012, 08:23 AM
I haven't seen so many shameless low-class hicks in one place since I went to a NOPI show in Atlanta 14 years ago.

Also, they should require special authorization before you can take your shirt off.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by karmavore
I haven't seen so many shameless low-class hicks in one place since I went to a NOPI show in Atlanta 14 years ago.

Also, they should require special authorization before you can take your shirt off.
LOL it's West Virginia, what did you expect?

Old 06-18-2012, 11:20 AM
If anyone saw the C5 Corvette in the Paddock area that was wrecked, here's why:

And of course, because it wouldn't be Hyperfest without a drunk fight...

Edit: Found a pic of the Corvette online

Last edited by Tonk; 06-18-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:23 PM
airbrush1 has a spectacular aura aboutairbrush1 has a spectacular aura about
Honestly... hitting a deer at what I've heard was nearly 140mph... did less damage to that z06 than I figured it would!!!! Feeling pretty good about the safety of my car!

Old 06-18-2012, 12:23 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Wow the deer hitting the vette was so abrupt it was crazy! !! In all my years of going to SPR and logging thousands of laps there I've seen deer but they generally tend to not come onto the track surface. I have seen quite a few woodchunks do some funny antics track side...

As for the fight video...as Karmivore pointed earlier...was like hicks gone wild!! This is typical for Hyperfest....what always surprised me was that the WV folks are turned on by drifting, a very old and traditional Japenese style of driving...this is the furthest a NASCAR crowd has "drifted" away from NASCAR no pun intented lol

Old 06-18-2012, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by airbrush1
Honestly... hitting a deer at what I've heard was nearly 140mph... did less damage to that z06 than I figured it would!!!! Feeling pretty good about the safety of my car!
you didn't see the guys face yet... the car is not really the worry it;'s the shards of glass shearing off the windsheild...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hyperfest 2012