Start up of a Cars & Cones Saturday Nights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 04:11 PM
TransHuman is on a distinguished road
How about "Sundaes On Saturdays"

I'm sort of joking...but it could work. My personal vote would be "Guidare per il gelato". But I'm biased. LOL

Old 06-11-2012, 04:16 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Actually Sundaes on Saturday sounds excellent and has a fun twist...

I will go for a banana split!!! yum

Scott...good thinking out of the box on this event, a nice summer time thing that's a low cost family friendly event, not to mention a great idea for a date, women love ice cream!

Old 06-11-2012, 05:07 PM
BOBP is on a distinguished road
How about "Cars and a Frozen Delight" just my $.02

Old 06-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
haha I was thinking it would be a biweekly night autox event, too.

scoupes and coupes?

Old 06-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
How about "Chillin with the guys on a Saturday night, enjoying ice cream and shooting the **** talking about cars."

I think it's got a nice ring to it.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:53 PM
TransHuman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Fraggle
haha I was thinking it would be a biweekly night autox event, too.

scoops and coupes?
Fixed it for ya Fraggle. I love it!

Old 06-11-2012, 06:22 PM
GT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond repute
This could be big! Nice to have something closer.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:49 AM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
I'm down to designate my yogurt shop to "cars & froyo night!"
Haha just a thought,
Many of you know I'm down with "small but quality" meets at my store.
Just a thought.
FYI its Tutti Frutti @ Ellicott City, MD

Old 06-12-2012, 04:16 AM
ShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really nice
Nuts.. I thought this was a weekly autoX on Saturday nights... That would be awesome

Old 06-12-2012, 06:42 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by aznevoviii
I'm down to designate my yogurt shop to "cars & froyo night!"
Haha just a thought,
Many of you know I'm down with "small but quality" meets at my store.
Just a thought.
FYI its Tutti Frutti @ Ellicott City, MD
I'm 100% down for this, since there are usually very small meets on a weekly basis anyway.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:28 AM
GT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond repute
Scott is trying to get a Montgomery County meet going. We keep traveling to Howard County and beyond.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:14 PM
regis is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
Thanks for all the wise info. We have been working on the logistics, legal parameters, etc. We had to first get all the tenants to agree. Done. The landlord to agree. Done. The first show under our belt to approve this venue is viable and acceptible to our crowd by the landlord. Done. We have been given the green light on all accounts as of today. Now onto the semantics. Coming up with an original name. Cars and Cones was really my idea out of the gate as just a place holder and by no means the final official name. Coming up with an original flyer and way of spreading the word. Those are on this week's agenda once the main coordinator returns from a business trip.

Any other input would be appreciated. Just as we saw at the docks in Annapolis, the people flock to the cars to 'oh and ah' and just shoot the breeze, so we have a potential. Besides, I can get there in 10-15 minutes instead of an hour and can still run up to Jimmy Cones whenever I want.
Excellent job on all the preliminaries Scott! I (we) really appreciate all that you've done already.

Saw there is also a bakery, and a cafe in the center, and Flaming Pit in the next block on google maps. Perhaps there are even more. So, maybe a name like:

"Montgomery County Cars & Treats"
"Montgomery County Cars & Eats"
"Montgomery County Cars & Sunset"
"Montgomery County Cars @ Sunset"

broad geographic coverage and broad food options! And, gets away from the "cone/autox" association.

yet another $.02

Old 06-12-2012, 02:31 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Gaithersburg or Rockville or those sorts of areas are not bad....Regis is right lots going on...Ice cream can be the focal point but there are places to eat and hang out too. In the end I think Scott will have to work out what he's looking for in the event. I like the early start time 6pm because it lets attendees come and go freely if they have other plans, and it's early enough to work dinner plans around...plus catch a nice sunset. With ICC as a route this will be easier for those of us in Baltimore or Howard county and points north.

My vote is for "Scoops & Coupes" but I also like "Cars at Sunset" .... maybe "MC Cars of Summer Cruise-in" with a picture of an ice cream cone in the flyer?

so long as it's not "Cars & Bars" I think we're good for a nice family themed event lol

Old 06-12-2012, 10:38 PM
a1certified is on a distinguished road
I'm definitely following this thread with interest and hope that this takes off. I've brought a car to Katie's a couple of times recently and have been amazed by both the quantity and quality of cars that "just show up". But it would definitely be nice to have something here in MoCo as well. Even better (for me, at least) to have someplace in southern MoCo. I know that there are a lot of fantastic cars down in Bethesda/Potomac but don't know if they are of the hang-out-with-the-car-nuts kind of crowd.

My one thought is that events which happen at intervals other than once-a-week at the same time/place will have a much harder time gaining traction, especially in the early going. With everyone's crazy schedules, it is both hard to remember whether this week is the on or off week and also cuts out a lot of people who could make it one week but not the next for whatever reason. Having to check weeks in advance for conflicts leads to inertia and dropping of the ball. Of course, this is easy to say from the peanut gallery -- I realize how much work it is to plan and pull off these things in the early going. Until you get the critical mass that it becomes self-perpetuating, it takes a lot of work (thankless I may add) to keep the interest up.

I was intrigued to hear something about a get together that I believe was every-other weekend near Montgomery Mall. But I find it hard to believe they could have made it work at that location because of the smallish parking lot. I keep meaning to try to stop by and check if it is still active, but can never remember if it is an "on" or "off" week! I would definitely support something down here in lower MoCo and will try to support the Gaithersburg gathering as well.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:19 PM
This definitely needs everyone's help to get self perpetuating. I hope you all can come this Saturday night at 7:30. The move to 7:30 will offer us some shade and cooler temperatures. It will be nice to have a great meet in Montgomery County.

Thank you all for supporting this event.

Ben

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Start up of a Cars & Cones Saturday Nights