2013 C & C, Great Falls, VA - Katie's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 03:42 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
I got my pictures of the Veyron up. The rest will be up within the next few days.

For the full set, CLICK HERE

Attached Images      
Old 04-13-2013, 03:45 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by rcollum
Exotics were the order of the day at Katie's today. What was there? Well, for starters, a Bugatti Veyron (courtesy of VW of America), a McLaren MP4-12C Spyder, and an F40.

--Bob Collum
Not to correct you, Bob, but the Veyron was there courtesy of its new owner...not VW of America

Old 04-13-2013, 03:45 PM
_simpleton_ is infamous around these parts
More from today - a huge crowd was there. First picture is the lot... at 7:00AM! Good-sized groups of Minis and of NSXs there today.

--Bob Collum
great shots, bob! what an incredible turnout today.

Old 04-13-2013, 03:49 PM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Originally Posted by Tonk
Not to correct you, Bob, but the Veyron was there courtesy of its new owner...not VW of America
I didn't know someone had bought it. I was told that it was driven to Katie's by one VW exec, and driven back by another. The Michigan Manufacturer's plates are on all VWOA's vehicles.

--Bob Collum

Old 04-13-2013, 04:25 PM
I didn't know someone had bought it. I was told that it was driven to Katie's by one VW exec, and driven back by another. The Michigan Manufacturer's plates are on all VWOA's vehicles.

--Bob Collum
Maybe I was misinformed. We all know how you can't always trust what you read on the internet

Old 04-13-2013, 05:19 PM
355dreamer has much to be proud of355dreamer has much to be proud of355dreamer has much to be proud of355dreamer has much to be proud of355dreamer has much to be proud of355dreamer has much to be proud of355dreamer has much to be proud of355dreamer has much to be proud of
Maybe I was misinformed. We all know how you can't always trust what you read on the internet
The car is still owned by VWOA. Confirmed by my source at Bugatti.

Old 04-13-2013, 05:30 PM
_simpleton_ is infamous around these parts
I got my pictures of the Veyron up. The rest will be up within the next few days.

brilliant, chris - was nice meeting you today.
-joe

Old 04-13-2013, 06:25 PM
loayo has a spectacular aura aboutloayo has a spectacular aura about
My understanding is now that the current is bid at as $2.1M but not yet accepted by VW. I did not read this on the Internet but was told by a buddy at Katie's. Nothing confirmed of course

Old 04-13-2013, 07:21 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Car was rep driven & VW owned. High bid in at 2.1 they want 2.2 bit they won't get it, same car sells for 1.8 ...unless it's vitesse gonna be hard to upsell. Veyron was nice but so many other car(s) I'd choose over it for the money.

Here's a fun little fact: you could buy 15 - 20 Veyrons for the cost of a single Ferrari 250 GTO

Old 04-13-2013, 10:59 PM
DaveWJunior is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sunir

Here's a fun little fact: you could buy 15 - 20 Veyrons for the cost of a single Ferrari 250 GTO
250 GTO doesn't have SAT/NAV, ABS, Traction control, or even decent air conditioning. What a ripoff! I'll take a well equipped Toyota Yaris any day. .......... Well, OK......maybe not.

Old 04-14-2013, 01:28 PM
Lowcash is infamous around these parts
I'm glad that is over. Now can we get Allie (F40) off the side street parking and back in the main lot. hahahahaha

Old 04-14-2013, 01:52 PM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Originally Posted by Lowcash
I'm glad that is over. Now can we get Allie (F40) off the side street parking and back in the main lot. hahahahaha

Yes, it's not often that his F40 isn't the center of all attention, but with the Veyron and the McLaren Spyder there, it was an impressive bunch of machinery...

I wonder how my Elise would look with the Veyron's red-and-black paint scheme?

--Bob Collum

Old 04-14-2013, 02:55 PM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
Originally Posted by sunir
Car was rep driven & VW owned. High bid in at 2.1 they want 2.2 bit they won't get it, same car sells for 1.8 ...unless it's vitesse gonna be hard to upsell. Veyron was nice but so many other car(s) I'd choose over it for the money.

Sunir some of the types of people who buy cars like Veyrons decide to do so in the course of about 5 minutes when they see it and they want it right then and there. Why do you think they are driving them around showing them to certain people? Same thing as why do places like RRs dealers stock any new Phantoms at all when you could order exactly what you want down to every last detail for the same - or less- money? Answer = because some people want it right then and don't really care. Some buyers for cars like Veyrons are collector types who would do their homework for sure, but a new car like that, many are just wealthy people who simply stroke a check. They could spend the delta b/w 2.1mill and 2.2mill flying thier jet somewhere for the weekend. Aside from the creme of collector cars, cars - including the most expensive of expensive like Veyrons - are chump change to truly wealthy people. Boats make cars look like cheap little toys, and jets make boats (most boats) look like cheap little toys, esp. when you talk about operating / maintenance costs of big boats and jets.

And IMO comparing a 250 GTO to a Veyron is pretty meaningless.... even tho a fun factoid as you said. People don't buy $30+ mill. collector cars to drive them, or drive them anywhere besides somewhere like across the lawn at Pebble Beach. That is about as meaningful as saying you could buy 30 Veyrons or 1.6 250 GTOs for a Cezanne. You need to get out of your car bubble a little more often LOL

Old 04-14-2013, 09:26 PM
ssong is infamous around these parts
nice pics Tonk!

Here are some that I took (sorry for any repeats!)

JDM angle, I had to...

Attached Images         
Old 04-14-2013, 10:05 PM
02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !

Chris, these turned out great man! Might have to snap some shots of the beast one of these days. Are you going this coming weekend again or Maple Lawn or both?

Jaime

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2013 C & C, Great Falls, VA - Katie's