2013 DC Auto Show

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 12:33 PM
GTGary is on a distinguished road
How are the women this year?

Old 02-03-2013, 07:32 AM
curt is on a distinguished road
I'm also disappointed there was no Corvette C7. They had a sign near the ticketing booths apologizing for its not being shown, so I bet folks were complaining about it. I think it was a major PR mistake not to bring it.

Audi impressed me most. At least they brought all of their new models: S8, S7, S6, RS5, SQ5.

Old 02-03-2013, 01:54 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
The new AM Vanquish was gorgeous. Much better in person than pics let on. Only thing that stood out was the steering wheel, which seemed a bit big. I'd also pass on the carbon fiber door handles (matching paint would be far better, I think).

The new Range Rover Supercharged Autobiography looked terrible. It resembled a Ford Flex more than a Range Rover.

The new Jaguar F-Type was pretty slick. I think it'll draw in younger buyers, which I think was Jag's plan for it. Nice interior, comfy and well-sorted. I wonder how well it'll drive and perform.

Subaru is still being tight-lipped about a turbo version of the BRZ. I'm willing to bet they'll do it in a year or so. I've had a few Subarus and I'm a big fan

Apparently the Audi reps are constantly asked about the RS6 Avant, but Audi has steadily gotten rid of wagon offerings in the US (they only have one now). I'd buy an RS6 Avant in a heartbeat if they were available.

The Aston Martin, Bentley, and Rolls Royce showings had a nice selection. Those are some amazing cars.

No info on the AMG-Aston Martin engine sourcing rumor. Mercedes is limiting manual transmission to their low-end cars, which is a shame.

Lexus had an LF-A, but it was on a platform and cordoned off. Would have loved to have butt snuggled that thing. No NSX, no Lamborghinis or Ferraris (though I did see a 430 16M in the parking garage). Fiat had a neat little driving course with a few 500s and an Abarth.

Big thank you to Cliff, Pieter, and Jamie (sorry for any misspellings) for their hospitality.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:19 PM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
DC Auto Show

My wife and I went, and had a good time. Not a great show, but glad we went and saw the F-Type.

The local Lotus dealer had an Elise California, and 4 Evoras on display - we enjoyed that, too.

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 02-08-2013, 08:00 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Some pics I found on another site

DSC_0187 by Speconesociety, on Flickr

DSC_0176 by Speconesociety, on Flickr

DSC_0090 by Speconesociety, on Flickr

DSC_0085 by Speconesociety, on Flickr

DSC_0057 by Speconesociety, on Flickr

DSC_0036 by Speconesociety, on Flickr

DSC_0027 by Speconesociety, on Flickr

DSC_0024 by
Speconesociety
, on Flickr

http://speconesociety.com/2013/02/06/2013dcautoshow/

Attached Images         
Old 02-08-2013, 08:29 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Some more

Originally Posted by brobb
Here are a few of mine. Shot with a point and shoot on automatic with shakey hands.
Fiat 500L

SRT Jeep

LFA

Audi R8

Scion

Subaru BRZ

Something I didn't notice until today...

Enhance....

Interesting tread pattern on that concept hyprid from toyota pictured by OP.

Time for some BMW's.
F10 m5, I was surprised to see that the doors shut automatically!

650 gran touring

750 was pretty impressive. I am not sure what its called and don't really know how to explain it but I hope you get the idea...The doors seemed to lock at any position, and after applying any pressure it would loosen and close.

Jaguars

SLAMMED!!! haha

Hyundai Genesis Sedan

Hyundai Equuos, The lady was telling me that the drivers seat and passengers rear seat were not only cooled and heated, but actually could massage you. She continued on to tell me that the front passengers seat folds completely down and acts as a leg rest in the higher model (base model has adjustable rear seats 60/40)

Attached Images                               
Old 02-08-2013, 08:30 AM
Please sir, may I have some more?

Originally Posted by brobb
My friends and made some small talk with the guys over at Aston Martin and they let us behind the ropes! We felt like V.I.P. haha
Aston Martin Vanquish

Was told the Steering wheel is from the one-77.

Really loved the paint.

Rapide

Lotus Evora

Bently's

Ceramic lined exhaust?

Attached Images                  
Old 02-11-2013, 07:38 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
i didn't take many pics while i was there, and only had the camera on my cell phone. but i kinda liked this one

Attached Images