Maple Lawn Cars & Coffee- 2013 Edition

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 08:32 AM
HyperDrive is just really niceHyperDrive is just really niceHyperDrive is just really niceHyperDrive is just really nice
Question

Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
Following suit with the other C&C threads, let's start a new thread for 2013 for Maple Lawn.

Sidamo Coffee and Tea
8180 Maple Lawn Blvd
Fulton, MD 20759

Every Saturday, 7:30am-10:30am.
(as of late, we have been meeting around 8am or later because of winter temperatures)
What vehicles are welcome at this event? Is this just for the German cars, or is a CTS-V Wagon allowed in?

Old 03-06-2013, 09:00 AM
DucatiThunder is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HyperDrive
What vehicles are welcome at this event? Is this just for the German cars, or is a CTS-V Wagon allowed in?
Absolutely not .... Bwahha! Just kidding. The more the merrier freezing out in the cold weather waiting for spring to come around.

See you there.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:15 AM
HyperDrive is just really niceHyperDrive is just really niceHyperDrive is just really niceHyperDrive is just really nice
Looking out the window right now, it doesn't seem to go with thoughts of a cars and coffee. Anyway, I'd just love to see all the other cars there. Might even see my dream car, a Diablo.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:50 AM
No Diablos right now. Summer has a much better turn out. Just have the regulars right now. Vettes, Audis, p-cars, bmws and such. Want to see some other impressive cars hit up Katies in N. VA before heading to ML. Early but def worth the drive.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by DucatiThunder
No Diablos right now. Summer has a much better turn out. Just have the regulars right now. Vettes, Audis, p-cars, bmws and such. Want to see some other impressive cars hit up Katies in N. VA before heading to ML. Early but def worth the drive.
Thanks. Maple Lawn is fine for me, because it's only about a 10 or 15 minute drive from my house.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:49 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Yeah Katie's is the place to go to see Diablos.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:56 PM
Someone on another group just told me that they used to own a Diablo, and their first 1,100 service cost $15K! So I guess that will always remain a dream. I've always wanted to own an exotic car, and the closest I came was the GT-R I used to own. Guess I'll have to set my sights on an exotic that is lot more affordable to me.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:05 PM
TransHuman is on a distinguished road
Someone on another group just told me that they used to own a Diablo, and their first 1,100 service cost $15K! So I guess that will always remain a dream. I've always wanted to own an exotic car, and the closest I came was the GT-R I used to own. Guess I'll have to set my sights on an exotic that is lot more affordable to me.
A GT-R is an exotic as far as I'm concerned. Absurdly inflated repair and parts costs doesn't an exotic make. Unparalleled engineering, design, materials and to some degree a limited production volume is what makes a car exotic in my mind. That sounds like a GT-R to me.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by TransHuman
A GT-R is an exotic as far as I'm concerned. Absurdly inflated repair and parts costs doesn't an exotic make. Unparalleled engineering, design, materials and to some degree a limited production volume is what makes a car exotic in my mind. That sounds like a GT-R to me.

When I was told what it cost to change the fluids in a GTR I was floored. Just for the cost of the OEM oil ... then labor. Stupid money.

GTR is def an exotic in my eyes too. May not look at it at first but if they were cheap everyone would be driving one. Unparalleled performance lb for lb .... $ for $.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:59 AM
When I was told what it cost to change the fluids in a GTR I was floored. Just for the cost of the OEM oil ... then labor. Stupid money.

GTR is def an exotic in my eyes too. May not look at it at first but if they were cheap everyone would be driving one. Unparalleled performance lb for lb .... $ for $.
I was initially told the 18,000 mile service on my GT-R to replace transmission fluid, both the front and rear differential oil, and an engine oil change together would be $2,000. I bought all the OEM fluids and filter myself, which came to $700-something, and the labor was $270, so it was actually $1,000. The service charges on a GT-R can be ridiculous, but it depends upon the dealer you chose. Some will try to charge you $250 for an oil/filter change, and I've had others charge me $19.95 because I brought my own oil and filter, and they were already doing something else to the vehicle. It pays to shop around. If a Nissan dealer tries to justify their high service prices with something like, "Well, it is a GT-R", move on to the next dealer.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:02 AM
airbrush1 has a spectacular aura aboutairbrush1 has a spectacular aura about
oooh, cts-v wagon! Welcome!

Old 03-07-2013, 08:49 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Saturday is looking to be 50's. I shall partake in coffee this Saturday.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:19 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !

GTR is more of a supercar than it is an exotic. There are certain things that make exotics what they are, marque lineage, racing pedigree, historical significance, exclusivity and build numbers, appreciating value potential, provenance etc...

Old 03-08-2013, 05:30 AM
Originally Posted by sunir
GTR is more of a supercar than it is an exotic. There are certain things that make exotics what they are, marque lineage, racing pedigree, historical significance, exclusivity and build numbers, appreciating value potential, provenance etc...
I think that's a good explanation. However, what is the criteria for a supercar? Is it a vehicle can can attain a certain 0-60, 1/4 mile, and/or top end speed? I think the term has been used rather loosely the past few years.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:20 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
I think that's a good explanation. However, what is the criteria for a supercar? Is it a vehicle can can attain a certain 0-60, 1/4 mile, and/or top end speed? I think the term has been used rather loosely the past few years.
Hence why they came up with the term "Hypercar" for cars like the Veyron

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Maple Lawn Cars & Coffee- 2013 Edition