Any shop in NOVA to take a Mini for mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 01:32 PM
st4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to all
Question Any shop in NOVA to take a Mini for mods

Have an 09 cooper s, the damn thing has no temp gauges in it and is driving me insane. Also want other work done.

Looking for a shop that specializes in Minis or at least has some experience/knowledge working on them.

Definitely avoiding any shops in MD, just NOVA plz.

Thanks.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:00 PM
DucatiThunder is on a distinguished road
What other work are you looking to get done? I dont know of any shops but dumped a bunch of money a few years back into my 07 MCS, but I did all the wrenching.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:16 PM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
I can help with bolt ons, just need free weekends. You can then help, wait and drink some beer, or drop it off for the weekend and pick it up later.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:31 PM
The aftermarket parts for strictly bolt ons for the MCS is typical CAI, DP/exhaust, and bigger intercooler. Sucks that there isnt the mod following that the early R53's had.

The IC and boost tubes is quick and probably the most bang for your buck. The exhaust is the next but getting pricey. To go all in the exhaust with a strait downpipe and exhaust will throw CEL but thats about it. I have thrown a few emissions lights here and there by just driving like a A-hole.

Getting more hard parts then the bolt on still isnt there. They have started to get into PnP heads. Place in FL does it. Big money. Also heard of people putting GT2RS turbos for some good hp but there is a lack of tuners.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:02 AM
Jay9722 is on a distinguished road
Check out Funktion Auto in Sterling 703 544 0015. I've taken all of my cars there...great shop.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:45 AM
st4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to all
Thanks Jay

First things is water and oil temp gauges, then boost gauge.

Someone slammed into the side of me on the NJ turnpike and the car has a slight wobble in the steering wheel at around 50mph, not sure if it's alignment related.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:59 AM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
Could be alignment or a control arm problem, or maybe as simple as losing a wheel weight. Good luck!

Old 08-03-2013, 09:10 PM
tuner1984 will become famous soon enough
+1 for Function and Fraggle

Old 08-04-2013, 08:59 AM
SUB-ZERO has a spectacular aura aboutSUB-ZERO has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by st4rk
Have an 09 cooper s, the damn thing has no temp gauges in it and is driving me insane. Also want other work done.

Looking for a shop that specializes in Minis or at least has some experience/knowledge working on them.

Definitely avoiding any shops in MD, just NOVA plz.

Thanks.
I go to Green Motorsport in Springfield

Old 08-06-2013, 01:58 PM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
Hey I have 09 MCS also, and recently did AEM intake, doing the coilovers and swaybar this Saturday, next Alta FMIC than full exhaust.
in regards to temps, oil, boost etc check out Scan Gauge II, many mini guys are using it and it's on my list to get also. Way Motor Works have them pre-updated for minis and you can do so many things w/it, clearing cell etc..

http://www.waymotorworks.com/

Old 08-06-2013, 02:43 PM
+1 on the ALTA FMIC. I had to trim some of the inside of my bumper to fit. The boost tubes are also a good upgrade when doing the FMIC. Its dwarfs the OEM unit. You going to keep the cats or go strait DP? Can the SG II clear/reset maintenance codes as well?

Old 08-06-2013, 04:18 PM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
GreenMotorsports. The owner is awesome and get him to show you his Cayenne Turbo.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:15 AM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
I forgot I did get the hot side pipe to go with ALTA FMIC, I am also looking at Evolve full system with de-cat DP and exhaust. What I've read on the NM is it can clear or reset codes as well.

Originally Posted by DucatiThunder
+1 on the ALTA FMIC. I had to trim some of the inside of my bumper to fit. The boost tubes are also a good upgrade when doing the FMIC. Its dwarfs the OEM unit. You going to keep the cats or go strait DP? Can the SG II clear/reset maintenance codes as well?

Old 08-07-2013, 12:53 PM
I also want to eventually drop it and add wider rims, but looks like there isn't that much room for anything wider. Probably have to do some fender work? Widebody mini? Heh.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by simtiaz
Hey I have 09 MCS also, and recently did AEM intake, doing the coilovers and swaybar this Saturday, next Alta FMIC than full exhaust.
in regards to temps, oil, boost etc check out Scan Gauge II, many mini guys are using it and it's on my list to get also. Way Motor Works have them pre-updated for minis and you can do so many things w/it, clearing cell etc..

http://www.waymotorworks.com/
Yeah I was thinking of that, but I'd rather have a quick glance look at gauges rather than fiddle with an electronic doohicky.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any shop in NOVA to take a Mini for mods