2018 Katie's Cars & Coffee Thread - Great Falls, VA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 02:26 PM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Katie's, 03/31/18

Today was the last Saturday in March, it wasn't too cold, and FINALLY, the salt on the roads has been washed away! A good variety of cars, as always.

--Bob Collum

Attached Images           
Old 04-08-2018, 08:36 AM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Katie's, 04/07/18

We had been getting dire predictions of a big snow all week. That changed late this week to a snow/rain mix. The reality was, a very sparse, slight mist. While the turnout at Katie's was a bit light, we had some interesting stuff... I was the first car there! Both Glenn and Fred brought Ferraris, and David G. drove his XKE.

--Bob Collum

Attached Images           
Old 04-14-2018, 05:12 PM
Katie's, 04/14/18

Without a doubt, this was the largest day ever at Katie's. Cars were parked all the way around the Great Falls Village shopping center. While I am glad Katie's remains popular, the fact that we had overflow cars parking across Walker Road on the Safeway parking lot, and also parked unsafely along the side of Georgetown Pike. This will generate a lot of complaints, if this is not just a blip in attendance for the first gorgeous-weather day of the year.

The black Bugatti Atlantic replica is Corvette-based.

That MGB is a newly-manufactured car from a firm called British Motor Heritage in England. It runs Mazda MX-5 running gear.

--Bob Collum

Attached Images          
Old 04-28-2018, 12:35 PM
Katie's, 04/28/18

A good turnout today!

--Bob Collum

Attached Images           
Old 05-05-2018, 01:34 PM
Katie's, 05/05/18

Since it was raining lightly when I left my house, I drove the (gasp) Subaru this morning. I had really wanted to drive the Seven, but didn't want to deal with the rain. Luckily, some people braved the weather, which turned out to be a largely dry by the time we got to Great Falls.

--Bob Collum

Attached Images           
Old 05-12-2018, 07:22 AM
st4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to all
There's a sign to a small parking lot that says "Katies Cars and Coffee no parking". Completely threw me off as it seemed like a parking lot we could use. So I parked there. I walked around taking pcs and made a loop back to where I parked and noticed some people setting up a tent and what not and having to turn people around trying to park.

If the sign had just said "no parking", I doubt people would try and park there, but because Katies Cars and Coffee is prominent on the sign, I think it's the first thing you see and assume you can park there.

Maybe change the sign to say "Please NO PARKING" in big bold letters? Maybe I'm completely retarded and can't read signs well, dunno.
As I was leaving I got honked at because I was making a left onto a main road coming out of CnC but sat there yielding to some pedestrians in a crosswalk. Next time I will remember to rev my engine, make direct eye contact with the pedestrians, full throttle and dump the clutch, then just plow through everyone in sight, hopefully that will satisfy the driver with a very important agenda next time.

Last edited by st4rk; 05-12-2018 at 07:25 AM.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:19 AM
308steve Is a GOD !308steve Is a GOD !308steve Is a GOD !308steve Is a GOD !308steve Is a GOD !308steve Is a GOD !308steve Is a GOD !308steve Is a GOD !308steve Is a GOD !308steve Is a GOD !308steve Is a GOD !
[QUOTE=st4rk;4714947]There's a sign to a small parking lot that says "Katies Cars and Coffee no parking". Completely threw me off as it seemed like a parking lot we could use. So I parked there. I walked around taking pcs and made a loop back to where I parked and noticed some people setting up a tent and what not and having to turn people around trying to park.

If the sign had just said "no parking", I doubt people would try and park there, but because Katies Cars and Coffee is prominent on the sign, I think it's the first thing you see and assume you can park there.

Maybe change the sign to say "Please NO PARKING" in big bold letters? Maybe I'm completely retarded and can't read signs well, dunno.
As I was leaving I got honked at because I was making a left onto a main road coming out of CnC but sat there yielding to some pedestrians in a crosswalk. Next time I will remember to rev my engine, make direct eye contact with the pedestrians, full throttle and dump the clutch, then just plow through everyone in sight, hopefully that will satisfy the driver with a very important agenda next time.

Just show up in a Mustang --- People know not to be in the general area when Mustangs are departing a C&C.

Old 05-19-2018, 09:57 AM
Katie's, 05/19/18

It rained today. It's rained for what seems like a week! A small turnout for a Saturday at Katie's, but still, a dedicated, enthusiastic bunch!

The guys I usually have breakfast with on Saturdays were there, and we made the best of it. (I got there very early...)

--Bob Collum

Attached Images        
Old 05-26-2018, 07:20 PM
Katie's, 05/26/18

What a turnout at Katie's today!

--Bob Collum

Attached Images          
Old 06-02-2018, 10:19 AM
Katie's, 06/02/18

A modest but respectable showing of cars at Katie's today; the forecast was for rain, which never happened. There was an amazing showing of TVRs - 11 of them, while I was there. Quite a sight!

--Bob Collum

Attached Images           
Old 06-09-2018, 11:55 AM
Katie's, 06/09/18

A very nice turnout today at Katie's, including an unusual number of cars I had not seen before! (Look carefully at the passenger in the last photo.)

--Bob Collum

Attached Images           
Old 06-13-2018, 12:28 PM
FirstStateCamber is on a distinguished road
One of these days I will make the trip down for this CnC...

Old 06-16-2018, 05:42 PM
Katie's, 06/16/18

Well, finally - perfect weather on a Saturday morning! That means a lot of cars & people at Katie's.

--Bob Collum

Attached Images           
Old 06-23-2018, 09:12 AM
Katie's, 06/23/18

A newcomer visiting Katie's on a morning like today could be forgiven for thinking "what's the big deal about this?" Today's light mist, which kept away the majority of normal attendees, was not enough to keep regulars away. Most other local cars & coffee events would be happy to have the number, quality and variety of vehicles there today. Occasional light mist aside, it was not at all unpleasant to walk the lot, perusing what people brought out. To me, it's as much about getting together with friends, as it is about cars.

--Bob Collum

Attached Images           
Old 06-30-2018, 02:25 PM
Katie's, 06/30/18

A warm, clear, beautiful morning at Katie's. This week, we had a second Kaiser-Darrin come down from Pennsylvania to join Bob Morris and his K-D. (So, we had a Kaiser-Darrin 'mating pair'.) The 'small' Stanley steamer made a noisy appearance. We had three Ferraris with 12-cyl. boxer engines. Graham drove his Acura-engined LoCost Seven. The 'Dog is my Co-Pilot' Triumph showed up again.

The last 2 pictures... Mike D. and his Cab, and my friends' cars on 'the front row'.

--Bob Collum

Attached Images           

Last edited by rcollum; 06-30-2018 at 02:27 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2018 Katie's Cars & Coffee Thread - Great Falls, VA