Detroit Cars & Coffee?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 07:28 AM
Confusedgarage is on a distinguished road
My only regret from Saturday is having to leave early at 10ish to go to the track. I wish I would have stayed and met some more 6speeders, it was a good crowd with a nice balance of cars. I wasn't there when people complained, hopefully this doesn't ruin the odds for returning to that location. It seemed like Panera and Caribou reaped some extra business, maybe target and other places felt we cut into their parking and caused issues? Which business was complaining? Hopefully it can be resolved.

Old 04-05-2010, 07:36 PM
DSrugis is on a distinguished road
Did you have the yellow Z06 Matt? That thing was nice and sounded great.

Not really sure where the guy with the golf cart came from. Maybe he was part of the property owners. Didn't have a chance to call Caribou and Panera today but hopefully tomorrow to see what can be done. I'll keep you guys all updated. Hate for this meet to end so soon...seems like a ton of potential with over 100 cars on the first meet.

Dave

Old 04-06-2010, 06:20 AM
Confusedgarage is on a distinguished road
Thanks Dave, yes that was me.

Please do keep us posted. Maybe when the owners go over there daily sales volume and see what a boost they received they'll come around.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:21 AM
valex is on a distinguished road
Hey, while I've got you all in one thread... Where do you guys trust on the west side (I'm in brighton) for wheel balancing, etc? Any good shops in farmington/novi? I've heard 'interesting' things about the suburban dealership, where do you guys take your porsches?

Old 04-06-2010, 08:00 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by valex
Hey, while I've got you all in one thread... Where do you guys trust on the west side (I'm in brighton) for wheel balancing, etc? Any good shops in farmington/novi? I've heard 'interesting' things about the suburban dealership, where do you guys take your porsches?
There are a couple indys where I will take my 996tt for wheel balancing. PM or e-mail me.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:24 AM
will do, thanks.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
There are a couple indys where I will take my 996tt for wheel balancing. PM or e-mail me.
Did you have the silver 996 at the meet? I know that I know you, but I just can't put my finger on it.

Dave

Old 04-06-2010, 12:32 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Yep that was me.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:22 AM
This event needs to be 2 Saturdays of the month instead of just the first. (First and last maybe?)

Old 04-07-2010, 11:31 AM
I'm up for sat the 17th.

Old 04-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Posting this on the facebook page also...

I spoke with Caribou today and they said that their business on Saturday was steller and they would love to have us back. A couple things I think we need to address to make sure we keep peace:

- Move our group further south in the lot to avoid any issues with Target traffic. We were in a high flow area for Target.
- Park closer together (avoid empty parking spacers in our groups) and try to go wider instead deeper towards the store
- Stay on best behavior - everyone was very good last time except for one incident. Let's keep it mature and clean so that kids can be there and that we can keep this spot.
- Start to clear out around 10:30 or so when Target/Kohls/Dunhams traffic starts to pick-up.

Just a couple other notes:
- Caribou wants us there. They haven't talked to the property owner yet but said we shouldn't have issues if we are pattrons. The guy in the golf cart is a maintanence guy hired by the property owner and I guess he gives everyone crap (including Caribou when they put chairs and tables outside which they are allowed to do.) Caribou said they would like to see us next month and if we have more issues, they will contact the property owner on our behalf.
- I still need to get in touch with Panera also. Talked with the manager briefly but would like to talk with him further about our future at this location.
- Was thinking about talking with the Target, Kohls, and Dunhams...anyone want to contact them on our behalf?
- Adam Tracz brought up the idea of contacting the Birmingham police to let them know that we are there with Caribou's invitation. This is kind of a defensive play assuming that the maintanence guy could call the cops on us again. This also lets them know that we are willing to work with them and that we welcome them to roll through our meets since we are a mature group. Everyone's thoughts?

Again, thanks for a great first meet and I hope we can keep this going the rest of the season and years to come...

Dave

Old 04-08-2010, 07:49 PM
I think we should do this again on the 17th since I missed the last one! (weather permitting of course)

I can't do the first weekend in may.. KY Derby..

Old 04-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Even though I prefer Starbucks hands down cuemaster & I made purchases from Caribou. 17th is good. Since I'm less than a mile from Birmingham PD I could go there and talk with supervisor/chief regarding our meet. Thoughts on that?

Old 04-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Feel free to. Chuck's neighbor is a Birmingham police officer so we are going to try talking to him also. Let me know if you have some time to run up there and what they say.

For the record, I don't think anyone will be there on the 17th since I have this posted everywhere as first Saturday of the month but I guess you can see. I won't be able to be there on the 17th though.

Dave

Old 04-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Since I got a parking ticket just now in Bham I'll see if I can track someone down to speak about the meet since city hall/pd are in the same building. I'm going in Monday.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Detroit Cars & Coffee?