Mini Cooper Austin and Morris Mini talk, and the 2001-2006 Mini and Mini S, 2007 to present Mini and Mini S

SharkWerks Picks Up a Mini Cooper S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 10:59 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Q8_TwinTurbo
Alex congrats on your new toy... Now let's see EVOMSit's magic on that ecu... I have good hopes on the tuning.
Cheers my friend! It's been a strange weekend here... an F430, a Bentley... a Mini. What the heck is going on here

Originally Posted by Glanza
The ride looks sick!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by JJB
I have a 2007 S that I purchased new and I have been getting the itch to add some mods. To this point I have only added wheels and the JIC Cross suspension (the R56 is comically high in the standard suspension position). I will be eager to see what you and Todd are able to achieve.

JJB
thanks jjb... I know it's so high... I'll figure something... Maybe from bilstein

On the tuning, Todd's actually been working on it so I'll be testing it shortly and keep you posted.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:18 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
I just bought a 2010 Cooper S on the 2nd to last day of 2009, i absolutely adore the car, and it's definitely quick (i recorded 6.2 to 60 with a g timer) although my first performance purchase will be a k&n typhoon intake - curious to see how this ecu tune works out

Old 03-31-2010, 05:24 PM
Chinchini is on a distinguished road
wow i cant wait for this one to be done!

Old 03-31-2010, 10:18 PM
AirforcedM3 is on a distinguished road

cant wait to see end results as my wife has been begging me to trade her benz in on a mini.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:30 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Now really... with the turbo right up on top, isn't slapping in a GT28 the logical choice?

Old 04-03-2010, 08:04 PM
911 Fan is on a distinguished road
My girlfriend picked one up last week. She's really loving it.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:13 PM
K5Cruiser will become famous soon enoughK5Cruiser will become famous soon enough
Anxious to see what you can do with the ECU. There are tons of R56 owners out there just waiting to be able to mod their MINIs once a reliable ECU package is available. With the '07s getting ready to exit the warranty period, there should be plenty of customers standing at your door with money in hand.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:55 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by K5Cruiser
Anxious to see what you can do with the ECU. There are tons of R56 owners out there just waiting to be able to mod their MINIs once a reliable ECU package is available. With the '07s getting ready to exit the warranty period, there should be plenty of customers standing at your door with money in hand.
Thanks and I figured that too... so let's see what Todd comes up with and his EVOMSit

Originally Posted by 911 Fan
My girlfriend picked one up last week. She's really loving it.
So much fun to toss about...

Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
Now really... with the turbo right up on top, isn't slapping in a GT28 the logical choice?
Haha...

Originally Posted by AirforcedM3

cant wait to see end results as my wife has been begging me to trade her benz in on a mini.
Do it! They're fun to drive that's for sure

Originally Posted by Chinchini
wow i cant wait for this one to be done!
Heh.. I won't be going crazy Just a daily driver

Originally Posted by 996TTDave
I just bought a 2010 Cooper S on the 2nd to last day of 2009, i absolutely adore the car, and it's definitely quick (i recorded 6.2 to 60 with a g timer) although my first performance purchase will be a k&n typhoon intake - curious to see how this ecu tune works out
Congrats with that and I'm digging mine for sure... It's no slouch and with a tune should be even peppier

Old 04-07-2010, 04:13 PM
M5&RS Captin is a splendid one to beholdM5&RS Captin is a splendid one to beholdM5&RS Captin is a splendid one to beholdM5&RS Captin is a splendid one to beholdM5&RS Captin is a splendid one to beholdM5&RS Captin is a splendid one to beholdM5&RS Captin is a splendid one to behold
looks nice I would love to have one as my first car. Would you consider one for a first car?

Old 04-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by M5&RS Captin
looks nice I would love to have one as my first car. Would you consider one for a first car?
Thanks and absolutely I would. They're so fun to just "drive". Try one out etc.. but I would consider it

UPDATE: should hopefully have the ECU back this week

Old 04-13-2010, 09:35 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by sharkster
I just purchased K&N Typhoon CAI - can't wait to hear the results of the ECU - a sub 6 second 60 in a FWD Mini would be nice

Old 04-27-2010, 06:02 PM
Slowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Update

Originally Posted by sharkster
Thanks and absolutely I would. They're so fun to just "drive". Try one out etc.. but I would consider it

Alex,

Need an "UPDATE" where's the software? I have a 2009 JCW on it"s way to me and I have been looking for some performance mods so tell us what you got.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:54 AM
any news?

Old 05-06-2010, 08:54 AM
Boomers996tt is on a distinguished road
Congratulations on your new toy!!! You'll love this little car!!

Not only a great DD but wait till you get her tuned and on a track. You'll be amazed at how this little car "dances" through the twisties.

Also glad to see EVOM's is going to tackle the ECU.

Only one really good tuner for the R56 right now, so a little competition hopefully will result in better products for this very capable little car.

Here's some video from some recent track days at Pacific Raceways up here in the PNW. I'm on street tires, since I thought it might be WET---it is the Seattle area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJlft...eature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxgup...eature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QeA0...eature=channel

Enjoy the video's and look forward to some "Go Fast" parts!

Cheers!

Old 05-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Majac4122 is on a distinguished road
I just picked up 2010 cooper in that same color scheme. Your black wheels look better than the 16 silver that came on mine. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SharkWerks Picks Up a Mini Cooper S