New Member Introductions New here? Introduce yourself to the 6SpeedOnline Community and show us your ride!

New guy on the block

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 08:09 AM
ChicagoB5 is on a distinguished road
New guy on the block

Hey all,

I found this place searching for forums regarding the Porsche 996 turbo which is a possible future car. I've been lurking around for a bit and am really liking it here so I thought I'd make a account and introduce myself.

A bit about me, always been a car guy since the days of hot wheels and that rug that has the streets and buildings on it. I got into bikes a in my late teens as well. Currently I'm driving a 88 325is as a winter beater, I've got a 00 B5 S4 stage 3 with 97k on it and a 08 Fireblade which are both put away for the winter.

Chronological previous vehicle history looks like:
99 Passat 1.8T (first car)
00 S4 (missed it so much I bought another haha)
06 CBR600rr
93 190e Sportline
03 540iM
06 zx6r
07 335i

It's pretty obvious I like my European cars. Now that the school loans are getting to a manageable level I've been driving my girlfriend nuts with all my car browsing. I've managed to narrow it down somewhat to 3 cars, one of which I plan to purchase in the next 2 years. a 996 turbo being the front runner, e9x M3, and a c6 z06. Now you guys have to deal with me haha.

Anyway, back to lurking around for a bit. I look forward to getting to know you guys.

Old 12-30-2014, 03:23 PM
Former Vendor
ModBargains is on a distinguished road
Hello and Welcome to 6 speed

Old 01-02-2015, 06:24 PM
Former Vendor
HOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to 6Speed!

Always loved the B5 S4 and it's 2.7TT goodness - you've got quite a good list of potential cars going there, from a performance standpoint you can't go wrong with any of them.

I will say as much as I love the C6 Z06 for it's performance, coming from your car history you may find the interior a bit lacking especially over time. The E90/e92 M3 will be the most modern inside and out, with the 996TT making the most power per dollar by far - you can make them scary fast!

Good luck and let us know if you have any questions, always happy to help!