New Member Introductions New here? Introduce yourself to the 6SpeedOnline Community and show us your ride!

First Time Porsche Owner -- 04 Cayman in Red

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 04:03 PM
fairorth is on a distinguished road
First Time Porsche Owner -- 04 Cayman in Red

Ink is barely dry on my new-to-me 2004 Cayman (base) in Red. Only 30k miles on it, with the Perferred Package and the 19" Carrera Classic wheels, I really wasn't thinking I would buy it but I saw it and loved it!

I'm a 55 year old software engineer in Austin, TX who has been driving a pickup truck for the past 10 years. My Ridgeline has 146,000 miles so I was shopping for a car to keep the miles off the truck and stretch it out for the next 5-10 years. I was thinking something way more practical but they I saw her ...

I've owned a few sports cars back in my youth, a Toyota MR2 was my favorite so the mid-engine is something I know I'll love. I have a few motorcycles and enjoy the occasional track day. I plan to drive the Cayman as a regular drive, use the truck for any place I don't want to leave her or if the weather is bad, and hope to get it out on the track a little to have some fun and learn how to drive it. A buddy of mine is a member out a the Circuit of the America track here and he has a Porsche he races out there regularly, so I hope to join him some day.

Looking forward to reading all the great stuff here!

Marc

Old 01-14-2015, 05:07 PM
Former Vendor
HOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to 6Speed!

Congrats on the new to you Cayman, you'll love the driving dynamics coming from daily driving a Ridgeline haha! It's really a great base to work with, and with a few light modifications can really bring the car to life but it's great in stock form but that usually doesn't last all that long for most owners on here

Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have and enjoy the ride !

- Jason