New Member Introductions New here? Introduce yourself to the 6SpeedOnline Community and show us your ride!

firefighter needs help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 12:20 PM
pfdjim is on a distinguished road
firefighter needs help

Hello fellow owners. After saving many years I have gotten my dream car, a 2005 Carrera S. I'm retiring next month but took the leap and bought the car last month with 53000 miles and a complete service record. The previous owner replaced all plugs and coils at 48000 miles. I have put 500 miles on it and have never exceeded 5000 rpm but the CEL came on last night and it shows a misfire on cylinders 1,3,4,6. It does not misfire until it is completely warmed and only at idle. I'm afraid my dream may turn into a nightmare so I would appreciate any info other than what already been posted on other threads.

Old 02-04-2015, 12:21 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Well first of all, congratulations on the purchase! You got a great machine Did you ever figure out the problem from the misfires yet?

Old 02-05-2015, 10:15 AM
I had it towed to a Porsche dealer and should hear something today. Thanks for responding to my thread because this is my first forum membership and I wasn't sure if I posted the thread properly. I will admit that my fingers are crossed and hoping its just bad gas or something else minor.

Old 02-05-2015, 03:20 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
You did indeed post correctly. I would also post in the 997 forum below with a few pictures of the vehicle and a friendly hello, this way people can welcome you and say congrats. Also a ton of technical data and DIY's. Hopefully the fix was something minor.

Old 02-06-2015, 03:21 AM
Former Vendor
carid will become famous soon enough
pfdjim, hello and welcome! Congratulations on your dream car, would love to see it. Do you plan any mods on it?

Old 02-16-2015, 11:21 AM
I got my car back from the service center at Porsche of Plano and they said that it was the lifter on cylinder three that was causing the issue. The car had some work done on this cylinder about 18 months ago at another dealer and I was told the tech may not have cleared a lubrication port to that lifter. They replaced the lifter a tappet and a few other parts and cleared the ports to the other lifters on all cylinders. The service and the people I dealt with went above and beyond for me and I will continue to use them when other issues arise. I do not plan on modifying the car because I believe an original car is the way to go when it comes to resale. I will put some pictures up soon and thank you for the responses.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.