New Member Introductions New here? Introduce yourself to the 6SpeedOnline Community and show us your ride!

advice on new car pick up/ problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 07:02 AM
mmthunder is on a distinguished road
advice on new car pick up/ problem

I have just joined this forum and am hoping someone out there can shed some light on an issue I just had while picking up my new 991c4. I was at the dealer yesterday to pick up my new car and no sooner did I drive off the lot then the lights flashed on and the car told me there was a problem with the PSM and All wheel drive system would not work. I turned around and went back to the dealer leaving the car running so the screen would stay up and they could diagnose the problem. Had to leave in my trade in and am hoping for an answer. My salesman told me it might be the steering wheel sensor and they are going to replace it. Any thoughts and should I be concerned

Old 02-25-2015, 10:29 AM
Former Vendor
HOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to 6Speed - is this a brand new car??

Old 02-25-2015, 10:53 AM
mmthunder is on a distinguished road
It is 10 miles on it I literally drove it out the lot and took a left then had to bring the car right back. Seems strange for this to happen on a brand new car but I thought maybe someone else has run into this problem

Old 02-25-2015, 12:02 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Bit of a downer to start out with a problem like this but I don't think it will be a big problem.

As an aside, it is a good idea with a new car (or new used car) pick up to at least give the car a shake down drive before you get too far away from the dealer. And try to avoid picking up a car at closing time.

Could be the steering sensor.

How "old" is the car? You can make an educated guess by looking at the build tag on the door. There should be a month/year stamped which is the build date.

The reason I bring up the age of the car, is what can happen is if the car has been sitting too long at a dealer the battery can go down. A low battery can have the car generate all kinds of goofy error codes.

But it is a new car. Let the dealer sort it out.

I do not think it will come to this but be sure you get an official invoice, something, that shows you had to have the car worked on for whatever this turns out to be. I hate to mention this but you want to build a case, just in case, the car turns out to be a lemon.

Now I do not think it will turn out to be a lemon, but just in case assume the worst (but do not lose any sleep over it) and gather the paperwork from the git go.

Old 02-25-2015, 12:53 PM
Former Vendor
HOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Agreed - my first thought was the battery if it was a brand new car. If the battery had been sitting for awhile and allowed to lose significant charge, and or improperly jump started. Should take a simple clearing of the codes with the scan tool / vehicle handover.

But if its new - let the dealer handle it. It's their responsibility, and nothing I would fret too much about. Definitely use it as leverage for your deal though!