New Member Introductions New here? Introduce yourself to the 6SpeedOnline Community and show us your ride!

New member from the OC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 08:20 AM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
New member from the OC

Hello All,

I am a long time lover of Porsche's. Started when i was young and my Dad ordered a 1983 911SC and had it delivered. Many nights cleaning the engine with a tooth brush so he could enter it in shows. Lots of great road trips as well.

I have owned lots of cars in my day and never a P car as i knew if I settled for anything less than my dream Turbo i would be disappointed. Now I am in the market. For me this will be a weekend extra car to enjoy for a long time.

For those owners of multiple Turbos I seek advice, been reading as much as I can.

1. It has to be convertible
2. It has to be auto. Here stands the first question. You can get some good deals on low mileage Tip cars. I think I will be sorely disappointed if I don't buy a PDK car. True?
3. Turbo vs Turbo S. Again i don't think I have to have one or the other based on what I can find used out there. I won't drive the car enough miles to ever worry about a brake job with the ceramics.
4. I have read the million forums here and other places on the Metzer vs newer motor. For me i don't think it matters.
5. Any other watch outs as I carefully plot my purchase of my dream car.

Cheers.

Last edited by GT3Fan24; 03-15-2015 at 08:22 AM.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:22 PM
Former Vendor
HOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to 6Speed!

Congrats on your pursuit - you never really stated what chassis/years you were interested in. That will dictate quite a bit.

1. Personal preference of course!
2. In terms of PDK vs. Tip...the PDK is far more advanced - you really should drive both to get a feel of the two. Drive the Tip first...then drive the PDK. All newer turbos are equipped with PDK, leaving the Tip transmissions for the earlier model turbo variants.
3. Not really worth paying a whole lot more for, unless you have to have a 'S'. Just really tweaks.
4. Preference again...although the Metzger motor definitely has proven itself.
5. Depending on what year you are after, keep combing the forums!

Old 03-16-2015, 08:46 PM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Thanks Jason.

Forgot to mention. I think i am really looking for 997 or newer. More specifically 2009 or newer. Obviously if a PDK is the decision then i beleive that now means 2010 or newer. Just seems you can get quite a decent deal on a low mileage 09 with Tip but based on the previous thoughts may not be the best.

All help is great.