New Member Introductions New here? Introduce yourself to the 6SpeedOnline Community and show us your ride!

New Here,,, English man living in Asia 996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 07:01 AM
Markwezza will become famous soon enoughMarkwezza will become famous soon enough
Smile New Here,,, English man living in Asia 996TT

Loving the Paddleshift

Loving it

BIt dusty but hay

Hi Everyone,

New to here....Managed to get hold of a 2004 (996)TT in Asia.....I know,,, I know its getting on but the costs over there are crazy(70,000USD for a 2004)...........Young family so was happy with what I got.....UNTIL,,,,,,,,,started looking at Paddle shift steering wheels and stumbled here and browsed,,,,, bodykits, wheels, Brembos, etc etc and now have opened Pandoras box.
Just ordered a paddleshift wheel and am looking to start a mini project...
Any advice is more than welcome....To be honest Im in two minds whether to wait a couple of yrs and upgrade to a 997 or put my heart into this gem and have a little weapon that's unique.....decisions decisions...97000 USD for a 2007 997 seems a lot to pay for headlights.....2010 PDK is the way forward but selling here for 200k usd so their is no chance........
The way its looking today is
  1. DCT Paddle shift steering wheel on its way
  2. Carbon fibre wrap for some of the interior on its way
  3. Carbon Fibre slats (997)look for the side vents ordered from VIVID racing and on the way
  • Wanting a bodykit...Thoughts are Techart Front end, GT2 Rear spoiler, Techart sideskirts..........Very hard to source although I see Duraflex do them but require a lot of work???Does anyone have any experiences with Duraflex products? Guy in Kuala Lumper has offered to do a 997 conversion as they have the kit in stock but I am not sure....996 is a 996. (ANY ADVICE WELCOME)
  • OZ wheels ultraleggara 19inch.....Don't think I need spacers? Black, Graphite Grey or silver...decisions decisions...Any advice appreciated.
  • Brembo brakes 380 x32 or better for for 355x32 6pot? Drilled or slotted...Any advice welcome
  • ECU remap
  • Absorbors
  • Turbo Actuators
  • Fabspeed exhaust...........
That's the plan in more or less that order.............

Am I am dreamland or is this a start to something great.......

Great to be here and anyone in Asia, please get in touch.....

Mark

Old 05-07-2015, 08:07 AM
rc82nd is on a distinguished road
Welcome to 6speed!
Check all the forums,the experts will chime in.

Old 05-07-2015, 06:10 PM
Former Vendor
HOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Hi there - welcome to 6Speed!

Awesome Turbo - congratulations

We can help with alot of those items - I'll send you a PM!

- Jason

Old 05-11-2015, 05:03 PM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome and congratulations on the purchase! If you ever need any DIY assistance please feel free to check out our tech articles. We also have a great assortment of aftermarket performance parts for your vehicle here. Hope you enjoy the new ride! Cheers.

-Luccia

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST