New Member Introductions New here? Introduce yourself to the 6SpeedOnline Community and show us your ride!

Touareg supporter seeks better information from Cayenne community

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 09:59 AM
Redneck Truck will become famous soon enoughRedneck Truck will become famous soon enough
Touareg supporter seeks better information from Cayenne community

Howdy,

I came to this site to learn about my 2008 V10 Touareg and its similarities to the 955/957 Cayenne. Right now, I am getting maintenance and reliability items in order, and then I plan to improve the suspension and driveline, and then to make more power. I am looking for any information I can find on durability/torque limitations of the available gearboxes, as well as driveline and suspension upgrades. Currently, the car is stock with RS Spyder wheels, certain reliability enhancements, an EPS carrier bearing support, and a performance tune in the works, and below is a current photo. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and learning and sharing all I can. Cheers!

Old 05-20-2015, 12:51 PM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome! We do have some great tech articles here about the Cayenne that may be of some assistance while you learn about their similarities.

-Luccia

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 05-20-2015, 01:28 PM
Redneck Truck will become famous soon enoughRedneck Truck will become famous soon enough
Luccia, thank you very much for your response. That looks to be a wealth of information and I can't wait to dive in and learn all I can.

Of particular interest are control arms and links, swaybars, driveshaft (I have the EPS clamp currently), upgraded torque converter, upgraded clutches in transmission, transmission tunes, and air conditioning servicing and diagnostics.

I'm also interested in reading about any exploration of the power handling limits of the ZF 6-speed manual gearbox in the GTS, as I would love to source one from a Touareg R5 TDI if it is up for handling the torque of an upgraded V10.

Thanks again!

Old 05-20-2015, 02:08 PM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
My pleasure! Hope they're able to help a bit. Cheers!

-Luccia

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 05-26-2015, 12:33 PM
Former Vendor
HOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to 6Speed - please feel free to ask any questions you may have - we are all glad to help!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.