New Member Introductions New here? Introduce yourself to the 6SpeedOnline Community and show us your ride!

New Member and wanting to learn about Porsche Cayenne

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 12:45 PM
MelissaW. is on a distinguished road
New Member and wanting to learn about Porsche Cayenne

Hello Everyone! I am a BMW Girl so I thought I ordered/had built a 2007 BMWX5 that I have enjoyed. I love fast cars and European cars at that....my dream was to have a BMW and my husband fulfilled that dream. I have learned a lot since then and what I truly wanted was the X5M but hubby said I did not need that speed nor did he wish to put that much money into a car. I guess my disappointed is putting that much money into a car and the value of it not holding up after 7-8 years. What I have been told is not really any of them do after 7-8 years thats just crazy to us!!

I thought I wanted to order a new X5 Msport body (But again I would love the true M) the other day I test drove a 2013 Cayenne GTS and I was so in love with the Body style Beast Mode/look, guess that is comparable to the X5 M look that I was really after. and of coarse I would love the speed that my husband so refuses the budge on!!! UGH!! I also test drove the Cayenne Turbo and wow that was amazing too but again I love the GTS Look. The 2013 they gave me the printed on spec sheet on this car and the price, took it home to show the husband and he said, Why would I buy a Used car when I can buy you a New X5 MSport for that price!! I hear what he is saying and he is usually right.

The thing that I am trying to understand and learn and compare these two cars is Maintenance which is probably comparable in pricing but I also am wanting to compare the Electronics. My 2007 X5 has been a little disappointing with a few things especially the voice commands and the brightness is the screen will not save the settings. I am also disappointed in the air conditioning vents. The middle vents are Ok and the side vents are terrible even on the “Max Settings” it is still weak, weak (Sucks)!! I have had to replace after hitting the 100K mark some expensive things that I guess are normal wear and tear and now the next code I am getting is the Catalytic Converter has gone I spent well over 4,000 in repairs (Not the engine) and pray the engine will last forever My daughter will be turning 16 this Dec. and I am wanting to give her my Bimmer. She is thrilled but the hubby was not so sure of coarse!

I am the type of person that does not just jump to buy something I have to study and learn. Since owning an X5 and thought about ordering the New X5 I have since learned about DHP on the X5 and the Porsche PDCC/PTV/PTV-PLUS and PASM!!! Wow my brain is on overload for sure HA HA!! I just want to make sure I get a wonderful ride car that is so beautiful and I love that Beast mode!! I have also learned that I so love the sound of the GTS that I drove. Someone said if I got the X5 M The real M I would get that same sound but again, pricing I am so darn confused!! Maybe just maybe I will get my way when it comes to possibly my husband spending a little more for what I really want once I decide.

It is very important on the handling of this car no matter what I get. The husband said that he thought my 07 X5 drove like a horse and buggy per say. That was my first ever order on a German car....I knew nothing about DHP or suspension of the choices! So many choices!!!

I would appreciate all the input you could possibly give me ~ Thank you so much!!

Melissa

Last edited by MelissaW.; 08-06-2015 at 12:49 PM.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:38 PM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to 6Speed, Melissa! Good luck with your purchase. Be sure to ask your questions in the Cayenne section of this forum for a better response. Cheers!

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST