New Member Introductions New here? Introduce yourself to the 6SpeedOnline Community and show us your ride!

yup, another new human here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 01:41 PM
fredz is on a distinguished road
yup, another new human here

Hi, just a quick note. I am happy to be a member here and am looking for any and all advise on purchasing a used 997...preferably, 997.2. Either way..I am interested in learning more than I know now..which is growing each time I research. I am probably looking in the range of 50 to 60k I like the new Mezger motor idea but we will see. Lower mileage is a given. So, as I go thru all the other sites...autotrader..cars.com...PCA etc...it gives me good belief I will do just fine. I am in the middle of selling my 1966 Mustang Fastback, GT 350..sort of a clone..since not original but all parts ARE...OEM! It is up for sale now and probably not a long way off getting it sold. It is Perfect condition and has only about 5500 miles on the complete restoration. but I digress.
I was going to go back to Muscle car status...but since I owned 2 Porsches back when.........I like the idea of the new tech on the cars and the ride .
So, there you go. Thanks for any suggestions and as always ...its appreciated
fred z

Old 08-07-2015, 04:24 PM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to 6Speed, Fred! Good luck with your search for the right 997 or 997.2. When you do find one, please do a PPI! Highly recommend so that you know what you're getting. We have some good tech articles here about the 997 that may shed some light and good information on some common issues/repairs. I do love the look of the 997.2. They're great cars and you'll enjoy it if/when you pick one up.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST